Yellow Watchman Goby / Large tank

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to hear from others about their watchman gobies in a fairly large tank. I have one for about a yr and a half now. First week he went down the overflow into my sump where he lived for over a year. I only saw him very seldom in there. A couple months ago I caught him and placed back in the 200g display. Never seen him since. I'm sure he is in there as he was very healthy but its a large tank with a lot of rock to hide under. Just interested if people with similar tanks ever see their watchman goby.

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 in a 250. He's always visible and feeds aggressively with all the others. It seems every bottom dwelling fish I've had has made a trip to the sump. I now have the overflow completely covered and 1/4 mesh around the teeth.

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in a 180. He has his own little territory and will poke his head out of the rock every once in a while. Not super active but is pretty cool to watch when he sifts sand

eranschau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Diamond Watchman and he's almost always front and center. Come feeding time, he practically rips the mysis-filled syringe out of my hand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back