Yellow Watchman Goby

SniffanyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He got into the filter portion of our tank. We got up Monday morning to not being able to locate him anywhere in the tank. My husband had an idea to look at the filter area and sure enough he somehow jumped into the smallest water section. We are guessing he was chasing a copepod at the top of water and just overshot into it. I'm so glad we were able to get him out with a LOT of patience and a small net without any injuries. He was quite stressed but would be more surprised if he wasn't. We have, since getting him out, covered all of the areas with some filter floss. Anyway have any of you had this problem and what did you do to prevent?

C848E2FE-E7DC-4C4B-8D8E-B46EF694AED5.jpeg

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies are notorious jumpers. They can and will fit through the tiniest of openings. Imo they spook very easy and their instinct for whatever reason is to jump when spooked. Spooked by you, another fish, anything.

OP
OP
SniffanyB

SniffanyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies are notorious jumpers. They can and will fit through the tiniest of openings. Imo they spook very easy and their instinct for whatever reason is to jump when spooked. Spooked by you, another fish, anything.
So true. They don't seem to be that fast a swimmer UNTIL something scares them. Then you only see a flash go by. You know what fish it was when you see the sand swirling a hit at the entrance to his cave! LOL.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back