Yellow watchman in a 20 gallon?

drew'be

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be totally fine given that the other livestock is at an appropriate level. They don't seem to need a ton of swimming room , so as long as you have enough sand and rockwork I don't see a problem.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt - I had the same thing a few years ago and had a small yellow watchman. In the beginning it was fine - it had plenty of caves and claimed his turf on one corner of the tank. Then as it got bigger it started to be more aggressive to other tankmates but my other fish weren't gonna be bullies either. Fights became more frequent and the ywg started to stay in the cave more. Then one day I realizes that the YWG just disappeared and I never saw him again, no carcass, no ammonia spike, no skeleton....

To this day i still don't know what happened to it. I suspect that either it just died and my bio filtration absorbed it without a spike, or it had jumped out of the tank but I didn't find a carcass on the carpet either.

In a 20g jumping out of a tank is a real risk bc the tank is so short even for a bottom dweller.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back