Yellow Watchman in rubble.

ntormey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a 55g tank. It's almost 2 years old. I would like to get a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp, but my concern is that I don't have sand in my tank. We currently have small rubble. We have had a variety of snails that seem to do ok with it, but does anyone know if the goby is ok sifting rubble or does he NEED a sand bed?
 
Yellow watchman are not sandsifters and it won't matter.
While not classified as a "sandsifting goby" they do in fact sift the sand sometimes just not all day like a sandsifting goby and they build their hide in the sand. I would remove as much rubble as possible and replace with sand. Not all at once of course. And you don't need to get all the rubble out, if you give him a pistol shrimp the shrimp will utilize the rubble as shoring for the tunnels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new