Yellow Watchmen not eating?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baffels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baffels

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2022
Messages
270
Reaction score
269
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya! Got a murderous YWG about three weeks ago (see See here for murder). I have yet to see him eat. He comes to the front of the glass sometimes acting hungry, but when I approach, he hides in his castle of solitude and does not come out for feeding time.

So... is this normal? Is he eating... leftovers in the tank?

I also tried to pair him with a pistol shrimp (shot him right to the YWG) that I have yet to see, or hear, from in weeks..
 
Hiya! Got a murderous YWG about three weeks ago (see See here for murder). I have yet to see him eat. He comes to the front of the glass sometimes acting hungry, but when I approach, he hides in his castle of solitude and does not come out for feeding time.

So... is this normal? Is he eating... leftovers in the tank?

I also tried to pair him with a pistol shrimp (shot him right to the YWG) that I have yet to see, or hear, from in weeks..
Ya they may eat in secret and they are eating when you do see it. They are also skittish and will dart to thier hide when they sense danger. Food god is danger.
 
I have a yellow goby that had a sunken belly and refused to eat for two weeks. Tried everything and accepted his fate. At the 2 weeks mark he started eating like crazy suddenly, i don't even know how such a little fish can eat that much. His belly is really fat right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new