Yellowtail damselfish

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 3ft 55 gallons DT, I only have 2 orange storm clownfish at this time. I am looking to add more fish. The next one I want to add is 1 yellowtail damselfish. Will they fight? My clownfish are under 2” right now.

full future stock list:
1 Yellow corris wrasse
1 Pink streaked wrasse
1 Tanaka Pygmy wrasse
1 Ruby longfin fairy supermale wrasse
1 Molly Miller blenny
1 yellow watchman goby

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll probably be fine since the damsel is being added after everything else. I have a pair of azure damsels with an ocellaris/percula pair in my 55g without any issues.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll probably be fine since the damsel is being added after everything else. I have a pair of azure damsels with an ocellaris/percula pair in my 55g without any issues.
I plan to add the yellowtail damsel as the third fish. So it is not being added after everything else.

The damsel should be near the end of your stocking because of its typical territorial behavior
Even just 1 yellowtail damselfish needs to be added at the end? I thought they are the most peaceful among other damselfish?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 3ft 55 gallons DT, I only have 2 orange storm clownfish at this time. I am looking to add more fish. The next one I want to add is 1 yellowtail damselfish. Will they fight? My clownfish are under 2” right now.

full future stock list:
1 Yellow corris wrasse
1 Pink streaked wrasse
1 Tanaka Pygmy wrasse
1 Ruby longfin fairy supermale wrasse
1 Molly Miller blenny
1 yellow watchman goby
Put your damsel in last. Otherwise, you will be likely to have to return it to the LFS.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok will do.

so looking at my list, any recommendations how should I add the rest of the fish (other than adding the yellowtail damsel last)?

I may add a dwarf angelfish at the end too but we will see

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the chrysiptera damsels are pretty mellow, though under the right circumstance, any fish can be a bully. Most folks seem to lump all damsels into the same behavior group .... just inexperience I’d imagine. I’ve never really had any problems with yellow tails ..... currently have about 30-35 in my tank. They will stake out a small spot in the tank and defend it vigorously.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one for few years now but he is in jail now. I have a hilfrichi firefish and he start nipping the fin. They were fine for a few months. I dont want my $7 damsel kill my $150 firefish, going to sent him to my LFS even i have him for 3-4 years

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back