Yes it works……

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just putting this here to possibly help someone else out. After picking up the Kessil A160WE I was strongly looking at the Spectral X controller made by Kessil but couldn’t bring myself to spending $100 on a controller after spending 650 on the lights. So I got on Amazon and was going to order the controller when I ran across the NICREW controller that look very similar. I did ask a question if it was compatible but after weeks receive no response, I then decided to order it for $30 just to see if it was compatible. I’m basically just writing desk if there was anybody who had any questions to see if it was compatible with Kessil lights. The answer is yes it is compatible looks to be the same exact software the same connections. The only addition that you will have to purchase is a USB-C to power the controller other than that everything‘s good to go and it’s $30 compared to $100 which in my book is a no-brainer I think for an extra $70 it doesn’t really matter about the name brand. Hope this helps somebody out.

IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9029.jpeg IMG_9030.jpeg IMG_9031.jpeg

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Awesome find! It probably is the same controller with different software. You're gonna love the the lights too. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yea I have had the lights for over a month. There amazing. Just figured I would throw this out there to save some future people some money instead of spending 100 you could spend 30.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just putting this here to possibly help someone else out. After picking up the Kessil A160WE I was strongly looking at the Spectral X controller made by Kessil but couldn’t bring myself to spending $100 on a controller after spending 650 on the lights. So I got on Amazon and was going to order the controller when I ran across the NICREW controller that look very similar. I did ask a question if it was compatible but after weeks receive no response, I then decided to order it for $30 just to see if it was compatible. I’m basically just writing desk if there was anybody who had any questions to see if it was compatible with Kessil lights. The answer is yes it is compatible looks to be the same exact software the same connections. The only addition that you will have to purchase is a USB-C to power the controller other than that everything‘s good to go and it’s $30 compared to $100 which in my book is a no-brainer I think for an extra $70 it doesn’t really matter about the name brand. Hope this helps somebody out.

IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9029.jpeg IMG_9030.jpeg IMG_9031.jpeg
Cool that controller works just as well!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back