YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three rics that attached themselves to a large shell on my sand bed. I like that I can move them if I want to but they are all the same color. I'd like to start adding to them so will have to keep my eyes out for some good deals. I also have GSP growing on my sand bed (away from any rocks). I love how it looks and its easy to trim back since I can literally lift the mat of GSP up off the sand bed and use a scissor to trim. So far its been well contained but I have a bit more room than you do. Anyway, your tank is definitely an inspiration for creating these small micro islands that are busting with color and texture. Keep up the amazing work!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Buddy [emoji1316]just drilled my nano and it went fine, thanks for the help

Glad to hear it, and not a problem!

I have three rics that attached themselves to a large shell on my sand bed. I like that I can move them if I want to but they are all the same color. I'd like to start adding to them so will have to keep my eyes out for some good deals. I also have GSP growing on my sand bed (away from any rocks). I love how it looks and its easy to trim back since I can literally lift the mat of GSP up off the sand bed and use a scissor to trim. So far its been well contained but I have a bit more room than you do. Anyway, your tank is definitely an inspiration for creating these small micro islands that are busting with color and texture. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks very much for the kind words. I'm looking forward to the acros filling in some of that space above the rocks. As that happens, I think I'll upgrade to an MP40 on the back wall vs the MP10. I've ordered a bunch of different macro algaes and plants to start growing in the sump with the frags.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow an MP40 on this tank would be interesting. I have 2 MP40s and 2 MP10s on my 42"X24" tank and it works out great. But the MP40s can move some serious water. Sometimes I get small trickles over the side if they are working hard and there is a random collision of water in the column.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man :D :D Love that ric garden though!!

Thank ya! The ric garden daily doubles in size/expansion. I'm fairly sure they are what's killing the SPS on the right in that photo. It's the only piece that is having trouble, and I'm not incredibly concerned about it, but they'll swell up around it during peak of the day, and cover it up and I think sting it. Either way, it's one piece out of 50 or so that is having trouble, I'm not worried!

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it looks so awesome [emoji1319] btw buddy how did you use the gaskets for the eshopps overflow was it black box/gasket/glass/gasket/transparent box? I’ve seen so many different options at this point [emoji23]‍♂️

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it looks so awesome [emoji1319] btw buddy how did you use the gaskets for the eshopps overflow was it black box/gasket/glass/gasket/transparent box? I’ve seen so many different options at this point [emoji23]‍♂️

Woof, I set this up over a year ago, it came with instructions. Your setup seems right, rubber gasket on both sides of the glass. Cheers!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.
What a great pictures and corals.
Loving it.

Thanks for checking in! Interestingly enough, I did some long overdue tank maintenance this afternoon.

One of the first corals I got for this tank was called "green hairy acro." I didn't really have space for it, and threw it in the back of the tank by the anemones. Today I saw a nub sell locally for quite a bit, so I moved it, lol. It's been stung one one side from the bta and browned out from being in the corner. We will see if it makes a comeback!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the fire on this base! One side is purple and blue, the other is green and light blue!

b934cfa21444b6f8379b99a815ae98ca.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back