YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they wont hold still, so there's this:

Divers Den delivered as promised. UPS, however, delivered a block down, and insisted they had given ME the package. Luckily the person who accepted the package walked them down, probably figured wasn't much he could do with livestock.

I've not seen them eat yet, they just frantically swim in the corners. I gave them a day with the lights out, acclimated properly, we will see, there is still time. They are smaller than I expected, but that's perfect, considering the tanks size.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Isaac. Do you have a lid to keep the clowns from jumping?

No lid. I'm taking the gamble here.

I can't justify ruining the aesthetic of a rimless by placing a lid on top. I also reached out to AA on an acrylic clear lid, and I can't justify $200 on a 3'x12" lid.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stunning tank. I love checking in on this build.

Thanks for checking in, it's not all sunshine and rainbows over here though. I moved some of my SPS onto the rock, pictured at the end of the peninsula. The SPS on the racks are still doing fantastic, but as soon as they got to the rock, they ended up fading in color, not terrible, but enough to tell they were unhappy about something. I've been troubleshooting with a couple locals, and we've determined it's either flow or from the rack to the rocks, they got placed under a different bulb in the ATI fixture.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for all these nice zoanthids to grow out, and for my clowns to host SOMETHING in the tank, they've got their pick of 3 anemones, a Golden Torch, an Elegance, Frogspawn, the list goes on. One of them hosts an anemone at night, but then during the day they are both at the end of the tank swimming against the glass usually.

@YHSublime ! Your tank is absolutely amazing ! What size trigger sump are you using ?

Thank you for the kind words! I'm rocking the Trigger 36 (Ruby.) It's a tight squeeze under the stand, with the top off container shoved along the side that I access for any sump work, but it keeps me from being too hands on.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is chugging along. I was away for business, so kind of let it just do it's thing. Of course it looked better when I got back. I'm getting a little lax on my water change schedule, and I'm still feeding heavy, so I want to get better at one of those. I also need to get the frag racks out of there and get those frags on the rocks or sand.

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is chugging along. I was away for business, so kind of let it just do it's thing. Of course it looked better when I got back. I'm getting a little lax on my water change schedule, and I'm still feeding heavy, so I want to get better at one of those. I also need to get the frag racks out of there and get those frags on the rocks or sand.

Looking great! I love when I come home from a short trip and the tank looks better than when I left!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I love when I come home from a short trip and the tank looks better than when I left!

Thanks! Yeah, aside from cleaning all the algae off the glass, the inside looked spectacular. It's always daunting wondering what's behind the covered glass, haha!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 65 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back