YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah, aside from cleaning all the algae off the glass, the inside looked spectacular. It's always daunting wondering what's behind the covered glass, haha!

Yeah, what a nerve racking thing... how's it going to look behind this dirty glass!?!?

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking awesome!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking mighty fine man!! Definitely coming along in leaps and bounds!

Thanks! Not to shabby for 22 gallons!

Looking awesome!

Thanks for stopping by! It's definitely getting there. I think the frag racks removed will make a world of difference.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This IS a beauty! Great job!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are your thoughts on sand in such a small space. I see it is all blown from the front. I went without sand in my nano and I'm just wondering how much of a pain it would be

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are your thoughts on sand in such a small space. I see it is all blown from the front. I went without sand in my nano and I'm just wondering how much of a pain it would be

Ah, the age old debate. I personally love the look of sand. I like just a little bit to handle some of that bio diversity that I don't think you'd get without it. That being said, I hate the fact that it's not even, but you gotta figure it's like that in the wild. It's interesting that you ask, as I've been debating more and more about siphoning it out with each water change. I'm seeing enough coraline growing, and I could use the space to grow zoas on the bottom of the tank. I guess to answer your question, I'm on the fence, I've had both types of tanks.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first bare bottom tank and I'm amazed at the life on the glass. I still don't have coralline yet (I can't wait) but once the bottom got a little biofilm on it the isopods and copepods went crazy and are covering it. Even with crazy high flow in my tank there are pods everywhere (I don't have fish so they have free reign). Way more pods on the bottom glass than I ever remember in my sand beds

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first bare bottom tank and I'm amazed at the life on the glass. I still don't have coralline yet (I can't wait) but once the bottom got a little biofilm on it the isopods and copepods went crazy and are covering it. Even with crazy high flow in my tank there are pods everywhere (I don't have fish so they have free reign). Way more pods on the bottom glass than I ever remember in my sand beds

I'm sure that no fish has a lot to do with it, but also the visibility is probably different!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back