OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I clean it, it's dirty again. Oh well, I guess as long as things are growing! I turned the white back on for these photos, but I have been running just blues for a long long long time now, or else I get crazy algae.

[

This is now down to my two clowns. I'm hoping this will eventually, with water changes, bring things to a balance. I had quite a few fish and I was feeding heavy prior. I have thought about passively running carbon, but I would like to do this as naturally as possible.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how each island has a coral theme haha it's looking really nice man :)

Haha, thanks!

It was unintentional, but I guess I started with the nem rock, and then the rics started splitting. The SPS is already starting to battle, my setossa is getting beat out by the walt disney, I need to move it, but wishing I didn't have to. These are the problems with a tiny tank, I just didn't think I'd run into them so quickly!

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, thanks!

It was unintentional, but I guess I started with the nem rock, and then the rics started splitting. The SPS is already starting to battle, my setossa is getting beat out by the walt disney, I need to move it, but wishing I didn't have to. These are the problems with a tiny tank, I just didn't think I'd run into them so quickly!
You could do what one of my mates does when he runs out of space, just add another island! haha he'll downsize one island by a little bit and just add another haha

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new zoas, have a bunch of zoas going out in a trade, and started gluing some more stuff to the glass bottom. Some of the zoas are already starting to take hold. Realized I'm petty much out of space, wish me luck!

Some changes in the works. 87 (3W) LED's.

10 Royal blue Cree 1000mA
5 Neutral White Cree 1000mA
2 405nm violet Exotic brand 750mA
2 430nm violet Exotic brand 750mA
4 Cool blue Cree 750mA
3 660nm deep red Exotic brand 750mA
3 cyan Exotic brand 750mA

4092 Channels.

Was built by a local club member and run on a 75 gallon. Will go over my 22 gallon. It's way overkill, but I'll never have to run it at full capacity, and I think I'll see all the growth I need, without the heat.

Here is a video of me playing around with it from 0-100 after I got everything wired up. I still need to order a mounting kit.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks incredible!

Very nice mate!! Hurry up with that extra island though! haha

Thanks gents!

Ha ha, on the extra island! I’m out of room. There will have to be sacrifices! I’m not sure the parts I’m willing to compromise yet!

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha, on the extra island! I’m out of room. There will have to be sacrifices! I’m not sure the parts I’m willing to compromise yet!
You make it sounds like a ritual sacrifice to the devil hahaha that's the tricky part, deciding on which bits need to do what!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just skimmed the whole thread. its always amazing to see what tanks go through. I love the 22 long tanks such cool little tanks for sure.

Thanks for checking it out! I've been looking for one of these tanks for a long time, this one ended up being very serendipitous.

You make it sounds like a ritual sacrifice to the devil hahaha that's the tricky part, deciding on which bits need to do what!

It is a bit like that. *head spins around full circle*

Here's some shots from the iPhone X:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the guy that wasn't going to do any SPS.

So early 2018 there was the wind storms that took power down, and I was out of power for almost 3 days. Ironically, the slimers didn't fair well, here is a list of acro, what's demised, and what lives.

OId Acro List and what happened:

Green Slimer (The great power outage of early 2018)

Purple Slimer (The great power outage of early 2018)

Reef Gen Cerulean Blue Stag(The great power outage of early 2018)

Joe the Coral(knocked off the plug and found way too late)

1.) Forrest Fire Digi

2.) Walt Disney

Fox Flame(My tank wasn't ready and this was a sensitive, and fresh fragged acro.)

3.) Strawberry Shortcake

4.) PC Rainbow

5.) Sunset Millie

6.) Tri-Color

7.) Green Tenuis

8.) Cali Tort

9). Setossa

Some recent acquisitions (listed here so I can come back and hopefully figure out what's what)

10.) RR Pink Cadillac

11.) JF Fox Flame - I couldn't resist

12.) Golden Millie

13.) Yellow/gold acro

14.) RR Excalibur Millie

15.) RR Acid Trip Millie

16.) Cherry Corals Watermelon Millie

17.) ASD Rainbow Millie

18.) RR Event Horizon Millie

19.) Unknown blue wild with yellow polyps

20.) Cornbread Purple Planet

21.) DCAquaculture Millie

I'm missing some, and after typing it out, realized that I also have Reeftech Starburst Monti, a blue Pocci Birdsnest, and a Rainbow Pocci Birdsnest, oh, and of course I found my pink lemonade, just forgot about it!

Well, this 22 gallons is not going to last long with just water changes, so I've got a doser, I'm increasing my water volume, and I'm going to start weeding out what's working and what's not. Also coming is I'm turning the middle sump section into a frag area, which will help me clean up my display. Stay tuned.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MFE8m1]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29PfaVz]
[/url][/url]

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This nano is great looking. Just went through the whole thread.
It might have even been better if it was not for the many changes.
Subscribed.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man!! Would love to see some pics of the new sump layout when it's done and tidy :D

Haha, it's so tight, but I'll give it a shot when it's photo ready. It looks like I'm going to have to put the filter socks back on, I hate having another thing to take care of, but the amount of detritus I shop vacd out was astounding. I've still got to put a little pump down there and get the rest cleaned up through a stocking or something.

So I've not tested my water since I started the tank, but I've got enough in there now that I'll most likely have to, so I'm prepared to be shocked. I'm even out of space really on the floor of the tank, hence the moving some stuff into the sump area. I'm pickup up the salifert calcium kit, and I've got to get reagent for my hanna checkers.

I've got a bubble magnus doser, just needs a little cleaning up, and I'll be off to the races.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back