You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be warned, some of those green hairy mushrooms get BIG. I have 4 of them now and two of them are 8" across and look like nems. Cool, but they take up a lot of real estate.
They also split and grow quickkkkk when happy. At one point I had maybe half my aquascape covered in them in a 120. Probably 100+ mushrooms some 5+ inches across.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be warned, some of those green hairy mushrooms get BIG. I have 4 of them now and two of them are 8" across and look like nems. Cool, but they take up a lot of real estate.
I have the same situation but with Yuma’s instead, they take up so much room but Atleast they keep people happy when they think it’s an anemone haha.
If only they were true nems… they’d be a perfect indestructible one.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also split and grow quickkkkk when happy. At one point I had maybe half my aquascape covered in them in a 120. Probably 100+ mushrooms some 5+ inches across.
I’d love 100+ Yuma’s in my 4’ tank, I think I’m at 75 currently if we include all the new young that the 4 8”+ mothers push out.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same situation but with Yuma’s instead, they take up so much room but Atleast they keep people happy when they think it’s an anemone haha.
If only they were true nems… they’d be a perfect indestructible one.
Yumas do kinda look like maxi minis if you squint real hard

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yumas do kinda look like maxi minis if you squint real hard
I wish I could see it but having both in the same tank shows differences haha.
Mine look much closer to BTAs than MMA’s honestly.
Up close you can tell they’re Yuma’s but when in an FTS they really look like BTAs and often grab the most attention as it’s a couple of large rocks covered in them.
8B94A592-C4B9-43A7-B9AA-E1D31AD81358.jpeg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could see it but having both in the same tank shows differences haha.
Mine look much closer to BTAs than MMA’s honestly.
Up close you can tell they’re Yuma’s but when in an FTS they really look like BTAs and often grab the most attention as it’s a couple of large rocks covered in them.
8B94A592-C4B9-43A7-B9AA-E1D31AD81358.jpeg
Those are gorgeous

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are gorgeous
Thankyou, I don’t actually know how they bubbles up so nicely but I would love to find another colour of Yuma and see if I can get the same thing occur.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou, I don’t actually know how they bubbles up so nicely but I would love to find another colour of Yuma and see if I can get the same thing occur.
It's like you accidentally made Sunkist bounce mushrooms out of yumas. That would be money printing alchemy

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I know how to blow up my thread. Mention lights or a hairy green mushroom :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Anyway photo time as I also bought a new glass cleaner!

I don't usually use my cannon for FTS as it has a massive telescopic lens that is not built for wide shots (why most of my eel shots don't work):
IMG_2770.jpeg

I don't want them but still an interesting thing to see at the LFS:
IMG_5776.jpeg

I'm warming top to this goniopora even if it still looks way better in the blues:
IMG_2767.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg
IMG_2766.jpeg IMG_2761.jpeg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I know how to blow up my thread. Mention lights or a hairy green mushroom :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I don't usually use my cannon for FTS as it has a massive telescopic lens that is not built for wide shots (why most of my eel shots don't work):
IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_5776.jpeg

I'm warming top to this goniopora even if it still looks way better in the blues:
IMG_2767.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg
Who the hell are they selling a dozen batfish to lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_5776.jpeg

IMG_2767.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg
That goby is a brute!
He looks stunning and I bet he’s iridescent in person.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally you may have noticed that one fish is really standing out in the FTS. Isn't he beautiful:
IMG_2764.jpeg
Red of any fairy stands out a ton, but I have to say the Lunatus female is like the poor man’s shutmani.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red of any fairy stands out a ton, but I have to say the Lunatus female is like the poor man’s shutmani.
If you want just a simple boring red just get yourself a lobster ;) . This one has lines. Glowing lines!!

JK
It is harsh to call a fish currently going for $240 a cheap anything even if the the shutmani is $350.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who the hell are they selling a dozen batfish to lol
This place is the biggest LFS in Atlanta. They have 90-120 tanks just for fish and sell most within a week. It is pretty crazy. Despite that they still have some of the best fish health standards and by far the best prices I've ever seen.
That goby is a brute!
He looks stunning and I bet he’s iridescent in person.
Yeah. I wish I had a black background. It would stand out so much more!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want just a simple boring red just get yourself a lobster ;) . This one has lines. Glowing lines!!

JK
It is harsh to call a fish currently going for $240 a cheap anything even if the the shutmani is $350.
I forgot… Prices over here are different.
Lunatus is currently high double to low treble digits over here. Shutmani is mid treble digits.
Still waiting for a shutmani to emerge over here though… Fingers crossed I find one and the lubbocki’s don’t care. Why go for just a small patch of red on a fish when you can go all out hey?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back