You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly it still looks tiny in the tank. It’s a really big tank. Not the ocean voyager but it’s 100ft long I believe. These photos are both from there. And as I said it’s apparently doing a lot better than a couple months ago.
I’ll get pics of it tomorrow.
If sharks aren't happy, from my understandings of old reports. They do beat themselves to death. There was a great white kept for a week. But she would intentionally speed up and crash into the wall. They had to put her back in the ocean.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If sharks aren't happy, from my understandings of old reports. They do beat themselves to death. There was a great white kept for a week. But she would intentionally speed up and crash into the wall. They had to put her back in the ocean.
Poor thing is probably traumatized

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard this too. Its the issue with open water fish. They don't really understand walls.
Now all they need to do is get more wrasse so you'll enjoy the tour and not notice the bickering tangs.

Sounds like there wasn't any.
There was a pair of yellowtail tamarin (but in the off limits section), a single H hortulanus, white leopard? (M meleagris), a few green bird wrasse, and a harlequin tusk scattered around but considering the amount of tanks it was shockingly low. Like why no cleaner wrasse or just general pest wrasse? They needed some fish with personality too!

Oh actually there was a tank that centered around Thalassoma but of all the wrasse to choose its kind of weird.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is really odd on no cleaner wrasse. Every fish loves cleaner wrasse!

They just don't love being harassed.
Not Cleaner Wrasse... They bite. Every fish loves Cleaner Goby.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you guess who is the cleaner and who is the imposter?
whois.jpg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borrowed from an r2r post.
898753c8f3a58af3e6f0e44cd8b317fe.jpg
A. Taeniatus is the parasite.
I figured out which is which in the first comparison photo , but they really do look similar

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I figured out which is which in the first comparison photo , but they really do look similar
I'm still suprised how long it took us to figure these fish out. I can't recall the year, but had to be after 2015.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adaptive mimicry I pretty common in nature, though it is more common to mimic to avoid being eaten than the other way around. Examples being Viceroy butterflies mimicking Monarchs that taste nasty or in South America there are tasty tree frogs that mimic Dart Frogs.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adaptive mimicry I pretty common in nature, though it is more common to mimic to avoid being eaten than the other way around. Examples being Viceroy butterflies mimicking Monarchs that taste nasty or in South America there are tasty tree frogs that mimic Dart Frogs.
We all have to do what we can to survive.

But, the mimic cleaner is pretty unique.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2060.jpeg
Or an eel that pretends to be a venemous sea snake!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guess who is the cleaner and who is the imposter?
whois.jpg
A’s colors and pattern look tidier than B….like if god went heck it your the parasite you won’t be getting the perfect color skin :face-with-tears-of-joy:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back