You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the exciting part! I've never been good at coral photos but.......
IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_3424.jpeg
IMG_3418.jpeg
IMG_3415.jpeg
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg
IMG_3414.jpeg
That goni, I’d love one but I’m waiting for a red glitter to appear.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That goni, I’d love one but I’m waiting for a red glitter to appear.
They are so beautiful but so delicate. Its still early for that one. Plenty of time for it to give up on me like every other goni. Then I'll hopefully be able to resist buying another but I guess I should be positive. My green alveopora is surviving so maybe I can do it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so beautiful but so delicate. Its still early for that one. Plenty of time for it to give up on me like every other goni. Then I'll hopefully be able to resist buying another but I guess I should be positive. My green alveopora is surviving so maybe I can do it.
Fingers crossed!

I’m in the situation of mixing SPS with LPS and dang encrusting LPS are hard to find and acclimate to wall situations.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed!

I’m in the situation of mixing SPS with LPS and dang encrusting LPS are hard to find and acclimate to wall situations.
Same. I got a chalice for that purpose but its so slow. Wish I got a pavona. For me they encrust so fast and I massively prefer the appearance of pavona.
IMG_6964.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news I'm trying a different jebao wavemaker and replacing my sicce powerhead with it. Its controllable, random, and much more powerful. All while being a cheap chinese knock-off!

Attachments

• IMG_6965.jpeg
    IMG_6965.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 16

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news I'm trying a different jebao wavemaker and replacing my sicce powerhead with it. Its controllable, random, and much more powerful. All while being a cheap chinese knock-off!
Really like Jebao!

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from the LFS with big bottle of AB+ nutrition, this AquaTop in tank UV, a lime green anacrapora, and a sunset montipora. Nothing terribly exciting though the montipora is beautiful.

Anacropora going behind the big rocks. Should get a lot of light and flow there. Montipora going on the blenny rock.

IMG_6984.jpeg

IMG_6985.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided again to go for the POTM full of confidence but todays photos were not being nice. Anyway here are the better attempts.

This micromussa was my final submission:
IMG_3479.jpeg

I tried to be true to the prompt but there are so many awesome GSP photos already:
IMG_3466.jpeg

Finally some of the newer corals. The mushroom in the eel tank.
IMG_3463.jpeg

The bubblegum torch:
IMG_3460.jpeg

Finally the new sunset montipora:
IMG_3458.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3456.jpeg
    IMG_3456.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3457.jpeg
    IMG_3457.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 16

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided again to go for the POTM full of confidence but todays photos were not being nice. Anyway here are the better attempts.

This micromussa was my final submission:
IMG_3479.jpeg

I tried to be true to the prompt but there are so many awesome GSP photos already:
IMG_3466.jpeg

Finally some of the newer corals. The mushroom in the eel tank.
IMG_3463.jpeg

The bubblegum torch:
IMG_3460.jpeg

Finally the new sunset montipora:
IMG_3458.jpeg
That Torch would have been a good one!

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spent a lot of this weekend trying to figure out how to hang my lights above my tank. Two trips to Lowes and one to the LFS that sells all the AI gadgets and I have not gotten anything. Lowese has a the cables/chain I'd need but not the brackets. The LFS has the brackets but only ones that would clamp to my tank and those would both mess up my tank and probably not actually fit based on my current experience with them on my Primes. Also the price for brackets and hanging kits by AI are so insanely overpriced!

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a black shelf bracket attached to the wall and the chain attached to the end of that.
I guess there is a "shelf' section in the hardware store...? I'm a fool haha. I was looking in the metal by the piece section.

I think I got too depressed by price. I realized last night that I prefered the colors coming from my other tank with the Fluval marines. This tank with the AI Blade Grow is just a plain blue. I know the solution is the AI Blade Grow but thats $570!! Then I think the AI mounting equipment I'd need would cost like $200+ for what is essentially a few cables and brackets.
AI primes plus AI Blade Grow
IMG_7023.jpeg

Cheap Fluval Marines
IMG_7022.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess there is a "shelf' section in the hardware store...? I'm a fool haha. I was looking in the metal by the piece section.

I think I got too depressed by price. I realized last night that I prefered the colors coming from my other tank with the Fluval marines. This tank with the AI Blade Grow is just a plain blue. I know the solution is the AI Blade Grow but thats $570!! Then I think the AI mounting equipment I'd need would cost like $200+ for what is essentially a few cables and brackets.
AI primes plus AI Blade Grow
IMG_7023.jpeg

Cheap Fluval Marines
IMG_7022.jpeg
Did you see Reef Dork’s video about the blades?…..:crying-face: I don’t want blades now lol:worried-face:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back