You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0534.jpeg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slocke is close to getting POTM finally! #14

Vote Early Local Elections GIF by INTO ACTION

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slocke is close to getting POTM finally! #14

Vote Early Local Elections GIF by INTO ACTION

Yep
Though my DIY photoshop is in quite the fight against a blue clam (category is red and green…) and a very good joke entry of nuisance algae. Somehow the hawkfish isn’t doing that well @JoJosReef ??

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep
Though my DIY photoshop is in quite the fight against a blue clam (category is red and green…) and a very good joke entry of nuisance algae. Somehow the hawkfish isn’t doing that well @JoJosReef ??
I voted hawkfish, but I've got no qualms with a last minute change of vote if my horse is lagging!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep
I'm biased because wrasses have never been a theme for POTM.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I may be joining the dusky club. My LFS has a 3" terminal male marginatus I'm thinking about going back for. Ever since I've lost all my halichoeres my brittle star population has exploded. Their little arms are sticking out all over my tank, even from out of the sand... it's creepy.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I may be joining the dusky club. My LFS has a 3" terminal male marginatus I'm thinking about going back for. Ever since I've lost all my halichoeres my brittle star population has exploded. Their little arms are sticking out all over my tank, even from out of the sand... it's creepy.
Get it!! It's hard to convince people they are the prettiest Halichoeres but mine is such a beauty I just can't get a good photo of it. Also for all those who like tangs due to the lateral shape. A displaying dusky is almost circular and mine displays all the time now.
I like brittles but I have seen plenty of underwater time lapse and the way they swarm a dead thing certainly is creepy. RIP octopus from my octopus teacher.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a pic of my tiny maxima for you. Believe it or not he’s doubled in size since I got him in July. He pushed that gorg over to the side to steal its hole in this frag holder lol.

8D27DD93-66B2-4006-9AA9-EB8D320BA3F3.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a pic of my tiny maxima for you. Believe it or not he’s doubled in size since I got him in July. He pushed that gorg over to the side to steal its hole in this frag holder lol.

8D27DD93-66B2-4006-9AA9-EB8D320BA3F3.jpeg
Love it. I can’t wait to try a maxima but want to make sure I can keep an easier one first. This one’s doing well so far. It’s now always fully open. Bad pic but
IMG_0558.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So spent a week away and I came back to some good and some bad.

The good is that the clam looks awesome and my SPS is growing like crazy. One of my Pavonas is doing something but I think it’s a sign of great growth. It’s like it’s suddenly arching off the rock?? I don’t know if you can see it? But it’s been growing like crazy.
IMG_0562.jpeg

On the other hand. Two of my RFAs have decided they don’t like their spot anymore and one has totally disappeared after walking around for a couple weeks. The rest seem fine though. Also many of my zoas are disappearing. I think they either want dirtier water or more light but IDK.

Finally I did something stupid. I left my RODI out and full of water while I was gone last week. It got down to like 15F and the thing cracked and even shattered in some places. So I’ve had to buy a new one.
image.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. I can’t wait to try a maxima but want to make sure I can keep an easier one first. This one’s doing well so far. It’s now always fully open. Bad pic but
IMG_0558.jpeg
How long have you had the derasa?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back