You might be a reefer...

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With deference to Jeff Foxworthy and his rednecks, I thought it might be fun to try and make each other lol in this crazy world. This list could go on forever, please join in!

If you have more test kits than the CDC…you might be a reefer

If windows in your home glow eerily at night and worry the neighbors… you might be a reefer

If you obsess about rock placement… you might be a reefer

If you actually know what PAR stands for, and care… you might be a reefer

If you enjoy watching shrimp more than eating them… you might be a reefer

If you’ve experienced genuine feelings of anger towards a fish… you might be a reefer

If you sniff your fish food, because you actually like how it smells… you might be a reefer

If you stress about your tank more than your dog or house while on vacation… you might be a reefer

If you’ve ever “discounted” the price on new coral when talking to your spouse… you might be a reefer

If you are willing to argue over synthetic sea salt brands… you might be a reefer

If you can go to a public aquarium and name most of the species within… you might be a reefer

If you've fantasized about keeping a huge octopus or shark...you might be a reefer

If you have gone on vacation and stared longingly into tidal pools… you might be a reefer

And, in a non-humorous vein: If you love the world's oceans and seas and all the beauty that they contain, you ARE a reefer.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve gone to the beach for a day with a net, a cooler, and a bubbler... you might be a reefer

If you own gloves that go up to your shoulder... you might be a reefer

If you owned a bunch of masks before covid... you might be a reefer

If you know the staff at your LFS by name... you might be a reefer

If you’ve ever even HEARD of zooxanthellae... you might be a reefer

If you’re embarrassed to have your search history looked at because it’s just R2R for 16 hours straight... you might be a reefer

If you’re scuba certified... you might be a reefer

If you actually read the ‘about’ pages on coral websites to see where their stuff comes from and how their tanks are set up... you may be a reefer

If you lick your hand and it tastes like salt.... you may be a reefer (or a very sweaty person)

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When common household items like a turkey baster are found under your aquarium you might be a reefer.

When you can stare at a tank full of rocks in the middle of the night with a red flashlight for hours you might be a reefer.

When you include "aquarium" in your monthly budget you might be a reefer.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread idea!

To play off of one of yours: If you see a blue light coming from a house and wonder if they have a tank, you might be a reefer.

If when you travel you Google local fish stores, you might be a reefer.

If you've actually enjoyed quarantine because it gives you more time to work on your tank, you might be a reefer.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone say's my illumanti's are crowding my gorilla nipples and you know what they mean- you might be a reefer.

If you regularly ruin finding nemo for other people you might be reefer

If you know a Dory isn't a species of fish you might be a reefer

If you can spend an hour in the kitchen section of a store without thinking about using anything for your kitchen you might be a reefer.

If you think club lights are an acceptable spectrum you might be a reefer.

If you see a wild animal in a tide pool and think about taking it home, and your an adult- you might be a reefer

If you buy super glue in amounts of more than one tube you might a be a reefer

If you think its morally ok to glue animals to rocks you're hopefully a reefer.

If you can burn your paycheck and feel nothing you might be a reefer.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have more pictures of the aquarium than your kids...... You might be a reefer.

I have two kids under 5 when people ask to see picture of them I have to flip through aquarium pictures to find some.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have nightmares about someone breaking into your house and stealing your corals. And when you tell the police how much they are worth they charge you with insurance fraud because there is no way you spent that much. And while in jail your spouse files for divorce because you said you only spent $20 a coral... you may be a reefer.

OP
OP
Tiger Brown

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can watch videos from BRS and NOT think about Wayne’s World…you might be a reefer

If you worry more about the water your fish swim in than the water your family drinks…you might be a reefer

If the power goes out during the Superbowl and you only care about your tank...you might be a reefer

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have more pictures of the aquarium than your kids...... You might be a reefer.
Happens to me all the time. Someone asks to see the kids and all I can find on my phone is aquarium videos and pictures. So, I show them those instead. They are usually better behaved anyway. Oh, the dog pics too. Really, I am a terrible mom.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one is an lol!
Happens to me all the time. Someone asks to see the kids and all I can find on my phone is aquarium videos and pictures. So, I show them those instead. They are usually better behaved anyway. Oh, the dog pics too. Really, I am a terrible mom.

I don't have kids but that sounds like me. Fish, dog, bunnies, livestock lol

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha might be a reefer this happened today I looked at my van thought oh I need 4 new tyres they are nearly illegal but I need a new bucket of salt and they have just got a new stock of royal grammars in my lfs so il wing it for a couple of weeks and hope don't get pulled over

Back