Young Clownfish with Ich

Deathling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so after introducing a new flurry clown to the tank - I had no idea this fish had ich, must have been hidden in the white patches - it passed away not long after. Now im not sure the best way to manage this situation. This is the female that was also in the tank, she is still eating and only behaving slightly out of the ordinary; swimming in not her usual part of the tank.
I have done one freshwater dip and have begun feeding frozenfood with garlic. Will this do?
Is another freshwater dip worth the stress? or should I make the jump to a QT tank.
IMG_6700.jpg
IMG_6711.jpg

Unfortunatley photos aren't the best hopefully you get the idea of the volume of cysts.

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im dealing with the same issue unfortunately., you have to take her out and medicate and now since you tank have ich also is best to take out all the fish and medicate or do tank transfer method and leave your tank fishless for about 72 days that if you want a ich less tank ...

OP
OP
Deathling

Deathling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is deteriorating quickly.... colour is lost and losing interest in food. Is it worth the stress and expense of another tank? Is there another option

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is deteriorating quickly.... colour is lost and losing interest in food. Is it worth the stress and expense of another tank? Is there another option
Bucket will do fine. Fresh water dips to buy you some time and treating it with copper as soon as you can.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so after introducing a new flurry clown to the tank - I had no idea this fish had ich, must have been hidden in the white patches - it passed away not long after. Now im not sure the best way to manage this situation. This is the female that was also in the tank, she is still eating and only behaving slightly out of the ordinary; swimming in not her usual part of the tank.
I have done one freshwater dip and have begun feeding frozenfood with garlic. Will this do?
Is another freshwater dip worth the stress? or should I make the jump to a QT tank.
IMG_6700.jpg
IMG_6711.jpg

Unfortunatley photos aren't the best hopefully you get the idea of the volume of cysts.
You are not alone. My royal gramma came down with it this past weekend. See my threads for lots of advice from everyone. I used a HD bucket short term.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back