Your BIGGEST Equipment Regret

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made a lot of upgrades....in the last few years - but my BIGGEST regret, is the Nyos Reactor!

What a piece of trash.....after paying over $400 for the base and single stage chamber, it breaks...as I'm putting it together. Ok - so, I end up contacting support.....ZIP reply.

Ok, it's a solid design and great concept - so I get the dual stage chamber (we now over $500). What a nightmare...

The sponges inside clog and trap anything that is unlucky enough to get sucked up. Then, you load with media - but when you wanna change, the media pours out into your sump, when you turn the unit off....to change. I tried media bags, but then - the media doesn't tumble much and you are limited in what you can SQUEEZE into the reactor.

Eventually....the lid comes loose, empties out, all over my sump and floor.

Contact support again, ZIP. Post on their FB page....and they just delete your comments and refer you to support.....which again, doesn't actually answer you.

Will I ever buy another Nyos product again? God no! Overpriced, cheap trash.

My BIGGEST regret.

Screenshot_20210529-192058_Gallery.jpg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, did you call Ecotech Marine? I thought Ecotech Marine handled customer support for Nyos products in the US, no? By all accounts, Ecotech has a reputation for providing pretty good customer support.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a pro clear sump before I really knew what I wanted in a sump. It’s very nice. And I want to use it for a future tank, but it was $375 for something I’m not going to use anytime soon

OP
OP
DarthChaos

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, did you call Ecotech Marine? I thought Ecotech Marine handled customer support for Nyos products in the US, no? By all accounts, Ecotech has a reputation for providing pretty good customer support.
I'm in Canada, so...not sure they'd help. I've actually asked about this reactor....on a Red Sea group and was shocked, at how bad they are.

Lesson learned.....always ask a LOT of questions, before trying something new.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made a lot of upgrades....in the last few years - but my BIGGEST regret, is the Nyos Reactor!

What a piece of trash.....after paying over $400 for the base and single stage chamber, it breaks...as I'm putting it together. Ok - so, I end up contacting support.....ZIP reply.

Ok, it's a solid design and great concept - so I get the dual stage chamber (we now over $500). What a nightmare...

The sponges inside clog and trap anything that is unlucky enough to get sucked up. Then, you load with media - but when you wanna change, the media pours out into your sump, when you turn the unit off....to change. I tried media bags, but then - the media doesn't tumble much and you are limited in what you can SQUEEZE into the reactor.

Eventually....the lid comes loose, empties out, all over my sump and floor.

Contact support again, ZIP. Post on their FB page....and they just delete your comments and refer you to support.....which again, doesn't actually answer you.

Will I ever buy another Nyos product again? God no! Overpriced, cheap trash.

My BIGGEST regret.

Screenshot_20210529-192058_Gallery.jpg
I agree with you NYOS reactor. The top comes off too easily and spills out media all over the place. Also difficult to adjust on the base.

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil A80. Now I love this light but the thing is I got it as a gift. They Said my limit was 500 with 100 from each family member but I got this instead of a hydro or a radion

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Canada, so...not sure they'd help. I've actually asked about this reactor....on a Red Sea group and was shocked, at how bad they are.

Lesson learned.....always ask a LOT of questions, before trying something new.

Gotcha... Indeed, I was never a fan of that reactor design when it was first introduced. Saw no convenient way to pre-rinse new media, so I crossed it off my list.

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are waterboxes bad? Ive heard good things about them

So far it functions fine, but I feel thier marketing was misleading at the time.. my hinges are already rusting, and I don't like how the manifold is setup in thier units. Cabinet setup is absolutely nonsense instructions.

For the money I was disappointed.

OP
OP
DarthChaos

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying a WaterBox Aquarium and not just going full custom.
Whaaaaa....lol!! Don't say that...

I have a Marine 60.2X literally sitting beside me, just waiting to get built.

From what I seen....it looks a lot better than my Red Sea 350!

I haven't seen too many flaws with Waterbox?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really had any serious regrets. Only thing I can think of is black box lighting. I should have waited and gotten better from the start.

Back