Your LFS location

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How far is everyone traveling to their LFS?
How far are you willing to travel to an LFS?

I travel about 1 hour to LFS and have gone as Far as 2.5 hours.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have two I go to but only one i actually go to regularly. The one i usually go to is about 20 minutes away but the other one is about an hour away.
It appears reefers are driving farther for livestock and goods

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 minutes to Petco for frozen food. An hour to a mixed pet store fish, lizards, etc. The only reef store in the state is 1.5 hours away and keeps inconsistent hours. Been there once several years ago.

There are some decent reef stores in Massachusetts about 3 hours, some near my folks but I haven't set foot in a good fish store in several years.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in DFW, I have many LFS to choose from. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the horrible traffic so I'm looking at 20 minutes for the closest store and up to 1.5 hours for the one that is 50 miles away, but is still in the metroplex. Of course most of the good ones are over in Ft. Worth area and that is a hike, especially since the interstate that gets you there has been under construction for the 20 years I've lived here.

Before I moved to DFW I lived in Louisiana and I would drive to Dallas once every year or 2 to hit as many petstores as I could on a Saturday. Of course that was in the 90's and traffic on the interstate wasn't that bad. Now it is bumper to bumper traffic between Dallas and Louisiana.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my closest one (about 1/2 hr away) burned down last year....got a petsmart 10 miles away in case a heater dies...i'm about an hour away from Charlotte and there are a half dozen or so down there, or 2 hours to Raleigh....i try to hit anything i'm close to if i'm in the area anywhere...otherwise you have to dedicate a day...most of the stores in my area are supplied by Carolina Aquatic wholesale warehouse so they pretty much all seem to have the same stuff

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is everyone traveling to their LFS?
How far are you willing to travel to an LFS?

I travel about 1 hour to LFS and have gone as Far as 2.5 hours.
It take 2 hrs to reach my lfs for me. But I am lucky in this case. Due to ban on corals in india, my lfs comes to me to sell me livestocks:)

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Being in DFW, I have many LFS to choose from. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the horrible traffic so I'm looking at 20 minutes for the closest store and up to 1.5 hours for the one that is 50 miles away, but is still in the metroplex. Of course most of the good ones are over in Ft. Worth area and that is a hike, especially since the interstate that gets you there has been under construction for the 20 years I've lived here.

Before I moved to DFW I lived in Louisiana and I would drive to Dallas once every year or 2 to hit as many petstores as I could on a Saturday. Of course that was in the 90's and traffic on the interstate wasn't that bad. Now it is bumper to bumper traffic between Dallas and Louisiana.
Did you hear Salgados is closing its doors?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed bag in mequon. Best fish in Milwaukee .aquatics unlimited all 30 minutes or less from me. Premium aquatics is about 15. Aquatics unlimited is too pricey now though so haven’t been in a while. The best though is @Lousybreed or Luca is about 5 minutes from me.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Feed bag in mequon. Best fish in Milwaukee .aquatics unlimited all 30 minutes or less from me. Premium aquatics is about 15. Aquatics unlimited is too pricey now though so haven’t been in a while. The best though is @Lousybreed or Luca is about 5 minutes from me.
Feed Bag also a little pricey. Luca has big pieces and cuts a deal.
Premium Aquatics ?

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one about a half hour from me that has a couple 40 breeders with corals and a Walmart style setup for fish. The best store is about an hour away, strictly saltwater and carries a nice variety of everything except sps - but I don't care for sps so it doesn't matter to me. I will be going 2 hours Saturday to a different one because they are having a sale and because I am buying some pieces off a guy shutting down his tank.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three technically in my area, One is 15 minutes away and is my go to for food and dry goods called ( Oceans Floor), they occasionally call me when they get nicer pieces of coral in. Second one (Reef Gurus) is 25 minutes away, better selection of corals, dry goods are a little more expensive. Third (Zachs Reef) is 40 minutes away, strictly a coral type lfs, does have fish though. Hes the Go to guy in my area for euphyllia and gonis.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 that are full spectrum stores (sell fish, coral, supplies and equipment) within 10 minutes of my job and 1 that is mostly just coral, fish, clean up crew and some limited stuff like rock and assorted foods. All are pretty nice with good selections and having 3 allow me to compare prices and available critters. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

That doesn't include the 2 Petco and 2 Petsmart store nearby.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 129 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back