Your opinion and experience

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I been having really high phosphates and with that being said it was time for me to get some media and resolve my problems. But with that being said I want to know what is your guys reviews on chemi- pure elite… my LFS recommended it. And I just want to know other people who has used it..

image.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I been having really high phosphates and with that being said it was time for me to get some media and resolve my problems. But with that being said I want to know what is your guys reviews on chemi- pure elite… my LFS recommended it. And I just want to know other people who has used it..

image.jpg
I think straight GFO is probably better (and cheaper). What is your current phosphate level? Nitrate level? Are you seeing any problems with your coral?

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
I like using phosphate e brightwell its easier to control imo but I also do throw in a bag of chemi pure elite sometimes to help keep the levels but I'm using the 50g dose on a 150g tank with a 70g sump so

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
I’m curious as to what phosphate level you are trying to maintain.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-check you TDS in your R/O unit!!
Had same issue, used Phosphate RX from Blue line and had phos-media pad in sump!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality product.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not heard that one before, lol

Neither had I. This is not MY information as I stated above. This is a copy of text from a page I found looking into the OP issue.

My point to the post is to make clear that the balance is key. Changing any one level, MAY have adverse effect on other levels.

For example, if you treat to lower Phosphate, and the result is that you deplete the calcium, and then you treat to boost the calcium and at the same time boost your Alk,.. ect ect..

It is a never ending roller coaster that will cost you a ton of money while your corals suffer and in the end, you will find that your system is now dependent on your additives rather than simple water changes, or other simple adjustments.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From description it is a mix of GAC (granular activated carbon) with GFO (granular ferric oxide). From my experience GFO can get used up quickly so I am not sure about their 4 month claim.

I personally would get GAC and GFO separately.
GAC is used to make the water clear in reef aquarium and I use (20ml/100l and change it once a month. It also removes the toxins coral release.

GFO is what will remove phosphate and the dose is trial and error. You need to go slow and observe the corals and the PO4 level. Since GFO can remove other things if corals or fish don’t look happy reduce the dose or stop the use. GFO can get used up in days and frequent changes might be required and are preferred so the system is not shocked.

Good luck,

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 quality product; has more than standard gfo. Likely exhausted before 4mos but doesn’t leech either.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good stuff, I like the chemi pure blue bag a bit better. Assuming your other params and general water chemistry/ salt mix/ ro is all good: If your phos is above .1 but not greater than .2 I would use a seachem phosguard bag or 2 to control that. If it's great than .2 then I would go with a bag of GFO and pull it out when the issue is corrected and switch to the phosguard bags afterward. If you aren't using some sort of refugium you could consider that down the line and get some sort of macro algae in there to control over all nutrient levels.

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think straight GFO is probably better (and cheaper). What is your current phosphate level? Nitrate level? Are you seeing any problems with your coral?
I don’t have problems with my corals just my pulsing Xenia but that’s because my fish keeps picking at it. But I do weekly water change and everything else stays good except phosphates and it’s a small bag in a place not that much water goes thru so drastic changes isn’t bound to happen (that’s my theory) and I been having stable perimeters but I just don’t want it raise little by little until my phosphate super high and then I really gotta do something else

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have problems with my corals just my pulsing Xenia but that’s because my fish keeps picking at it. But I do weekly water change and everything else stays good except phosphates and it’s a small bag in a place not that much water goes thru so drastic changes isn’t bound to happen (that’s my theory) and I been having stable perimeters but I just don’t want it raise little by little until my phosphate super high and then I really gotta do something else
Need to find out how the phosphates are actually getting in before trying to just treat them.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your actual phosphate and nitrate levels? Soft corals like dirty water and if you're basing your conclusion that it's too high on the values that are best for an ULNS, you might end up starving your coral.

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to find out how the phosphates are actually getting in before trying to just treat them.
feeding my corals too much because I got excited that I got a laffy taffy Goni and I was using reef-roids. Every single day. And I forgot to do a water change that week and that’s how my nitrates and phosphates got super high :/

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your actual phosphate and nitrate levels? Soft corals like dirty water and if you're basing your conclusion that it's too high on the values that are best for an ULNS, you might end up starving your coral.

Attachments

• 71582405561__0FE91F72-9008-4C95-9AF8-6EED6313A020.jpeg
    71582405561__0FE91F72-9008-4C95-9AF8-6EED6313A020.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 38

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back