OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your po4 isn’t terribly high in my opinion… is there something wrong with your tank? Are the corals showing any ill signs? I wouldn’t chase a number because everyone says it’s gotta be less than .1 blah blah… if your tank is happy I’d leave it and see what root cause is of the po4 and Eliminate that before adding chemicals or gfo. I used to be a huge fan of gfo but it’s caused more damage than anything once I took a step back and looked at my tank over all..
The only thing that I see that aren’t good is my rainbow BTA… I posted it that my BTA split and it doesn’t have any color now and there like bleached like look awful… but my other BTA is all open and healthy…

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that I see that aren’t good is my rainbow BTA… I posted it that my BTA split and it doesn’t have any color now and there like bleached like look awful… but my other BTA is all open and healthy…
Splitting sometimes is caused by stress.. regardless if it splits it will lose some color and then regain it. What ever you decide to do if you use that chemi pure use half the recommend dose.. I actually quit using gfo cause my nem would curl up and close for a couple days every time I put new stuff In.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello, so I been having really high phosphates and with that being said it was time for me to get some media and resolve my problems. But with that being said I want to know what is your guys reviews on chemi- pure elite… my LFS recommended it. And I just want to know other people who has used it..

image.jpg
Been using this more than a couple of decades and swear by it- It works, polishes water and removes toxins, if any. In 6 weeks, you can add a half teaspoon of GFO (ferrous oxide) for added po4 reduction.

Last edited:

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your PO4 is high from feeding too much then I would just do some water changes over the next couple of days and that should help bring them down. Honestly, I would go that route first before using media, chemicals, etc to remove it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, so I been having really high phosphates and with that being said it was time for me to get some media and resolve my problems. But with that being said I want to know what is your guys reviews on chemi- pure elite… my LFS recommended it. And I just want to know other people who has used it..

image.jpg
I used it - it seems to keep water quite clear/etc - I cannot speak to how well it removed PO4.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back