Yuma let go

Meloco14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this yuma frag for 2 weeks, got it locally so it wasnt shipped. I dipped it and ran acclim mode on my lights for about a week. It is on the sand bed with low flow and low light. It had been about halfway opened the last couple days, not full, but not shrivelled. Today I came home and it had let go of it's attachment. Why? I'm figuring either light or flow but I really don't think either are too high. I have a kessil ap700 mounted 18 inches above the waterline, and the coral is another 20 inches below the surface. I have them only get to 50% for 4 hours. I have two florida ricordea a couple inches from the yuma that appear fine and fully open. Any ideas? Thanks

20200924_194112.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They do release and loacate a fovorable sopt in the tank. If you want in in a ceratain loaction, tie it down with Loosly fitting rubberband and it will stay put and reattach

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rics will slime off superglue.
What vetteguy said or put it in a small Tupperware 3x3, with sand or rubble. Put plastic mesh like oranges come in over top with rubber band, return to tank.
In a few days it'll attach to sand or other that can be glued to rock.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back