Welcome to the R2R neighborhood!

tenor.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No doubt bacterial and IMO , the tank was stocked Too soon and with fish who react quickly to water quality issues. You can either set up a QT tank or treat with PraziPro which is mild, and may or not work, warranting QT tank and furan or similar for treatment.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt bacterial and IMO , the tank was stocked Too soon and with fish who react quickly to water quality issues. You can either set up a QT tank or treat with PraziPro which is mild, and may or not work, warranting QT tank and furan or similar for treatment.

Unfortunately, unless the infection is secondary to flukes Prazi probably won’t be too helpful here :( It looks like he’s got a QT running and meds on the way, so fingers crossed [emoji1696]

Welcome, wish the circumstances were better

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my clownfish did t make it. I found it dead this morning but unfortunately I can’t keep my tank at this time, I’ll be working quite a bit for a while and I won’t have the time to keep the tank up and running. I’m trying to sell it atm. I definitely plan on coming back in the near future, it has been a fun ride this far.

Fotocha

I have nightmares of jumping fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my clownfish did t make it. I found it dead this morning but unfortunately I can’t keep my tank at this time, I’ll be working quite a bit for a while and I won’t have the time to keep the tank up and running. I’m trying to sell it atm. I definitely plan on coming back in the near future, it has been a fun ride this far.

Sorry to hear that, I was just about to welcome you. Thats the dilemma a lot of us face, the time needed to put into the hobby. The problems you likely experience were likely due to some bad info you received.

Since you mentioned selling the livestock, I'd recommend letting the tank run for a few months without anything. Giving it plenty time to cycle. If you remove the rock and water you'll have to restart this process down the road.

dimi.gif

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is my plan, this helps me confirm that what I wanted to do was correct so thank you for the advice.

Mudder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor (2).gif

Welcome to R2R!!
This is a Great place for info and Help

If your planning on restarting a tank in the near future I wouldn't sell it just keep it running and ghost feed it

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve gotten no responses since I put it up for sale so I think I might just do that.. AND with this whole world wide coral thingy going on this weekend I might just keep it lol

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think I’m gonna keep my tank now! I can do this guys, besides, I got my very first coral yesterday along with some new fish. Although my algae blenny got caught in my power head which I have no idea why that would happen, I have protective sleeves over each one, oh well my wrasse would have bullied and stressed him out anyway

C5EC7E7C-BB1C-4276-9F23-68AFA7349014.jpeg

E524C45A-7174-4165-80F6-CE55B98C034E.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back