Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha, that goby said "You bought me a new home! Thank you!"

Seriously tho, that's where clown gobys live. Your firefish didn't go carpet surfing did it?

I looked throughout the room and did not see him. Although I lost him the night before the carpet cleaning guys came. They could have just sucked him right up. I think the bristle worms got to him by now though.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad he died of old age, still sorry.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas! Woke up this morning to a Natural Split from one Anemone!
IMG_0491.JPG

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to the Christmas Surprises, my firefish showed his face today! 4 days MIA and thought he was a goner. Now I am wondering what the bristle worms found and were munching on.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be picking up a Battlebox later this week! Finally some new SPS. As much as I wasn’t a stick head in the beginning, the more I learn, the more I like sticks. Like dang.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am sitting here, like I always am when I update my thread, and I have been reflecting on life for the past 2 hours just amused by and enjoying watching all of the fish happily swim throughout the reef.

The reminds me before I go any further, I added a second power head so now the flow is tremendous through the tank. Everything looks much better. As well as clearer water. Who knew!
So I was pondering and I noticed when I fed them that their were only 4/5 Skunks seen at one time. Odd, so after watching for the hours, I only have 4. I’m not sure what the cause of the death is or even how long they have been gone! That might be what the bristle worms were munching on though. Sad to see her go. It appeared to be the biggest one in the group. So the bickering between them has returned, good thing now though is their is another anemone for them to claim. So everyone will always have a home.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update today, and it’s not a good one. Once again RTN and Polyp Bailout strikes literally over night. 1 SPS piece is 99% white and the other is 50%. Along with that, my hammer took a crap as well and is gone. I’m going to be checking parameters soon but right now, we’re not looking so hot.
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg

Atop of that, the Acans look absolutely terrible for the past week or so, and I found a couple Aiptasia. This is going downhill quickly.
IMG_0556.jpg
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_0555.jpg

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients has, and will always be off the charts. That never effected them recently. I’m pretty sure it’s an alkalinity problem. I have to check.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients has, and will always be off the charts. That never effected them recently. I’m pretty sure it’s an alkalinity problem. I have to check.
I was more concerned with them bottoming out. Alk is likely the cause. It's always the cause, right?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back