Zebra Lion Fish

dougzfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him about 3 days again, have fed frozen krill / shrimp but have not seen him eaten it but has been curious and checked it out. I know fish can be finicky at first, anyone experience this w a lion fish ?
 
I got him about 3 days again, have fed frozen krill / shrimp but have not seen him eaten it but has been curious and checked it out. I know fish can be finicky at first, anyone experience this w a lion fish ?

Very often, new lionfish require live foods to begin feeding, and then they can be weaned off of that and will start accepting frozen foods. Live guppies work well. Not feeding can also be a sign of disease or water quality issues.

Here is an an article I work recently about relative feeding responses in fish:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/relative-feeding-responses-in-fishes.1146254/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new