zeovit and how I dose it

Tallshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can start zeobak and zeostart3 for the first 3 months 50% dosage. The zeolite rock is not necessary. After 3 months u can increase 10% and start spongepower. If u can get some real live Rock then it will help speed up the cycle process.
Quick question. I got some live rock and now my cycle is finally complete. I have high nitrate levels and wanted to know should i keep dosing? Will my nitrate levels eventually drop down? What should be my method of exporting using this system? Currently not running a fuge. Thank you

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quick question. I got some live rock and now my cycle is finally complete. I have high nitrate levels and wanted to know should i keep dosing? Will my nitrate levels eventually drop down? What should be my method of exporting using this system? Currently not running a fuge. Thank you
Protein skimmer and wc for now but when your system is balance you don’t need to do wc that often just dosing. It will take 9 mon to a year for your tank to mature. Keep testing so u can keep a log and know how your tank react to your dosage so u can modified to fit.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ycnibrc I was just curious if you dose anything in particular for your pink and red colored corals?
Basically for me is lighter or darker. The color of the coral is show when your water chemistry is good. Now B balance will make it lighter vs to A balance will make it darker. If u really want to play with Coral pigment then dose zeospur2 it will change some of your coral appearance.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically for me is lighter or darker. The color of the coral is show when your water chemistry is good. Now B balance will make it lighter vs to A balance will make it darker. If u really want to play with Coral pigment then dose zeospur2 it will change some of your coral appearance.
Interesting you say that. I just got a bottle of B Balance and it says it helps promote deeper coloration. But you are saying it makes them lighter? It also says it helps with pink and red. Do you see that effect or no?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting you say that. I just got a bottle of B Balance and it says it helps promote deeper coloration. But you are saying it makes them lighter? It also says it helps with pink and red. Do you see that effect or no?
Sorry may be I make a mistake between the A n B balance but 1 will make it lighter and 1 will make it darker. I only dose B balance and my red and pink are very good

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosage on the KZ product (zeorock and blue bottles) is for display or total tank volume? Thanks

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a zeovit reactor? I’m starting a 235g build. Was going to use the Skimz ZAR-157 but looks like they’ve been discontinued.

Not interested in the vibe because it’s external and I’ve heard of rust issues with the springs.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any recommendations for a zeovit reactor? I’m starting a 235g build. Was going to use the Skimz ZAR-157 but looks like they’ve been discontinued.

Not interested in the vibe because it’s external and I’ve heard of rust issues with the springs.
Wow look like the automatic type of reactor is not too many available. PRS and kz have one but they are expensive. At this time only the vibe is available. However there are many manual one. Its only take 1min to pump a few time :)

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow look like the automatic type of reactor is not too many available. PRS and kz have one but they are expensive. At this time only the vibe is available. However there are many manual one. Its only take 1min to pump a few time :)
Yep. And I guess as long as the flow is right, it doesn’t really matter which one you get?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Skimz website shows them available if that helps. That was quick not to continue carrying them just came out 2019 as far as I’ve read. I have the smaller version. It’s very nice except I have to pick out and use the bigger stones or it blows them out on the lowest setting.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimz website shows them available if that helps. That was quick not to continue carrying them just came out 2019 as far as I’ve read. I have the smaller version. It’s very nice except I have to pick out and use the bigger stones or it blows them out on the lowest setting.
Yeah, I saw that. If you add to cart and try to check out it says no shipping options available(I’m in Texas). I sent them a message asking if they could point me to a location to purchase. Doesn’t look like they are stopping making them, just BRS no longer carrying them.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have the zar 157. Do you just chose the preset of how many rock you using or use the x2 flow rate? The preset flow rate is way lower than what kz recommend but if use the x2 flow rate the auto flush won't work properly.
Screenshot_20200729-014951_Drive.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back