Zeovit method ?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeo uses all kinds of media and chemicals to limit things. The Zeolites consume ammonia somehow starving the tank of nitrogen and drops of this or that which are proprietary organic carbon sources to get the rest along with phosphorous. The don't need GFO because they handle it in their own ways.

Also, with ultra, vs just low/natural... what do you call driving all nutrients out of the tank if natural is called Ultra now? Super Ultra? This is not a huge deal anymore in practice, but it is important to know what people mean in talks, articles, etc. since even if they were written 15-20 years ago, the terms back then need to have meaning now.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may of oversimplified or misspoke to what he said, which he admits to being a simplistic explanation. So the error may be on me.

I would like a fuge, but don’t really have the sump space, one reason I was trying Zeovit.

If you really want to do this, does the ZeoVit site still have a forum? That is going to be better than here. Also, find somebody who still does it (and has for a while) and use them as a mentor. This is not something to pick a-la-cart.

This dude had probably the best response when I offered similar advice before...

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.17.16 AM.png

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really want to do this, does the ZeoVit site still have a forum? That is going to be better than here. Also, find somebody who still does it (and has for a while) and use them as a mentor. This is not something to pick a-la-cart.

This dude had probably the best response when I offered similar advice before...

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.17.16 AM.png
I plan on doing all of it, ZeoStart, ZeoBac, the media, ZeoFood. At least that what they say is the basic system. I plan on dosing with All-for-reef, amino acids, with a decent bioload, and feeding. Like mentioned I am toying around with the idea of using phos-feed, but have to look into that more. Hopefully this will result in a low nutrient system, but everything still having ample nutrients. I will keep looking, maybe I can find another good way to accomplish what I want, with the space I have.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeo uses all kinds of media
The only media they use is zeolites.

Also, with ultra, vs just low/natural... what do you call driving all nutrients out of the tank if natural is called Ultra now? Super Ultra? This is not a huge deal anymore in practice, but it is important to know what people mean in talks, articles, etc. since even if they were written 15-20 years ago, the terms back then need to have meaning now.
I mean, you have a point. But saying LN or “natural sea water” is misleading since in aquariums most people don’t have bacteria, plankton, and organic matter in proportions of the natural sea.

For reef tanks, ultra low nutrients consists of phosphate under 0.03ppm IMO.

Zeovit is a fickle beast. I tested the carbon source of Zeostart 3: there doesn’t seem to be sucrose, glucose, nor vodka. 2mL of what likely is just plain vinegar per 250gal does not seem plausible to reduce nutrients.

The Zeovit system only consist of 4 parts: zeolites, zeobac, zeostart, and zeofood.

I think zeovit achieves ULN by having rocks adsorb PO4 and by lightly stocking their tanks along with skimming and water changes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I tried it and did a 30-60-90 days assessment and saw no improvement and sold the entire package and bought CA reactor and have been happy since

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where my tank runs using zeo… po4 is normally zero but I keep up with the reef roids to counter that! Is that ulns? Idk but I love my numbers and my tank is heavily stocked and flourishing at the moment. Sps are growing like crazy!
IMG_2384.png

Axelrodi202

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only keep freshwater tanks for now. I chanced upon some YouTube videos about reefs mentioning the Zeovit method and it reminded me a lot of the annamox method in the freshwater hobby (which in itself is poorly understood; the main documentation is in German language Amazonas magazine issue 105 by Erik Brion). Essentially, there are annamox bacteria that end up converting NH3 and NO2 to N2 gas. Zeolite is one of the best growth media for these bacteria. So when I saw Zeovit, I thought at least this could explain the ammonia processing part of it.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor Andrzej, If he could hear you all speak so poorly of zeovit, it would break his heart. He just wanted to SPS the World and you know what? He didn’t care how anyone else got it done, he just wanted people to grow from their heart and to do the best they could. If their SPS were still looking like a turd in a punch bowl, then please for the love of tabling Acropora please! Wake up and invest in the complete Zeovit line of products available at fine Reef Stores everywhere. Offer void where prohibited.

9E8D170B-2850-4CE3-A216-102BDE4B6DAA.jpeg C23C5C14-CA77-43F1-AD58-6D808DFC7539.jpeg 4E47DE36-3B66-43A7-AE67-CADF1C5B9F9D.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back