Zeovit Method

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find a whole lot of info about Zeovit, seems as though most of the users are in non-English speaking countries... Who here uses Zeovit? Has it worked for you? Any tips/tricks for someone who is still fairly new to Zeovit?

Thanks for your input!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, too, am going to zeovit, and interested in hearing more personal experiences with it.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chrome should be able to translate some of the Dutch, German, Polish and Czech boards for you... some of the others are hit or miss.

In short, it does work very well, but you have to be VERY involved, do not slack off and stay on your routine. I have/had friends who use it and it works very well, but I have not used it myself since I know that I will not be diligent enough - I choose to let nature be in more control instead of me.

The BRS series on ZeoVit is interesting, but they don't get it all right, but they do a good enough of a job to spend 30 minutes (or whatever) watching them. It is a good primer - perhaps the best line about zeovit is from them that goes something like "people say that Zeo is a ultra-low nutrient system, but this tank has more 'nutrients' than nearly any other tank that we have seen." This is correct, but they just have low residual numbers - heavy import and heavy export which is not exclusive to Zeo.

Most of the failures that you hear about are when people pick and choose what to use and do not follow the curriculum all the way. They seem to like the idea of zeolites, but not the dosing... or some of the products but not all. Do not be one of these people or you will likely fail. Go all-in, or don't go.

There are forum on most boards, or on their own. Some of it can get very cultish and some of it is very reasonable. My suggestion is to listen to the people who have been doing it for a long time and not the new people, even if they are more vocal and post the most.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, too, am going to zeovit, and interested in hearing more personal experiences with it.
So far, in the last month, the experience has been good. I mean, it's hard to really give much feedback off of a month, but it's something.... The dosing can be a bit tiring, I am going to put what I can on dosers... But, it did seem to cycle the tank very quickly and get through the ugly stages quickly, as well.

The thing I would suggest is to get the automatic reactor, as not having to "clean" the zeovites 2x daily is a huge relief.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that I have observed ZEO to be better on an established tank than a new/fresh one. Read about people waiting until the 6/9/12 month mark to start once the sand is doing it's thing and the rock is contributing to the tank and all of that.

All of the super success stories that I have seen are people who had really nice tanks already and wanted to take them to another level.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with using it on new tanks is it takes a year maybe sooner if not bare bottom for zeovit to really be stable and cycle on a new tank. The zeolites remove ammonia before it becomes nitrite and nitrate. If you don't have much ammonia you remove the rest of the cycle which lowers nutrients but also bacteria. That's why you dose bacteria to the system. It just takes much longer on a new system than an established for bacteria to even out and stabilize with your fish load and feeding schedule. Go to the zeovit forum and ask G. Alexander anything and he will have a good answer. Also @ycnibrc uses zeovit with awesome results.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The problem with using it on new tanks is it takes a year maybe sooner if not bare bottom for zeovit to really be stable and cycle on a new tank. The zeolites remove ammonia before it becomes nitrite and nitrate. If you don't have much ammonia you remove the rest of the cycle which lowers nutrients but also bacteria. That's why you dose bacteria to the system. It just takes much longer on a new system than an established for bacteria to even out and stabilize with your fish load and feeding schedule. Go to the zeovit forum and ask G. Alexander anything and he will have a good answer. Also @ycnibrc uses zeovit with awesome results.
Thanks silent if anyone have questions u can post it on my thread and I will try to answer it for u. I have been running zeo for almost 3 years and fairly successful with it.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks in and impressed so far. Reefer 170, BB, Skimz ZAR , Zeo carbon and just slight dosing of Zeobac, Zeostart, Sponge power. I caught the reactor flushing and saw the LPS inflating in a way I never caught it before. Colors are holding, tisbe pod explosion, snails/urchin doing their jobs. Looking forward to continued progress.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two weeks in and impressed so far. Reefer 170, BB, Skimz ZAR , Zeo carbon and just slight dosing of Zeobac, Zeostart, Sponge power. I caught the reactor flushing and saw the LPS inflating in a way I never caught it before. Colors are holding, tisbe pod explosion, snails/urchin doing their jobs. Looking forward to continued progress.
Keep up your progress so we can follow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back