Zeovit reef tanks of the world

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks the info. I am starting to get the hang of Zeovit. I am actually having troubles keeping up PO4 and NO3 in my Nano. My nutrients bottom out quickly. I find adding ZeoFood adds that film to the glass and sand. Not sure how to effectively use it.

Dinos have been an issue for me personally, though raising my nutrients with Seachem Flourish and ESV CaNO3 are helping.

So things that I notice when I stop carbon dosing for a few days an suspend all KZ additives, I notice my skimmer reduce in output. I am wondering if specifically Sponge Power and even FlatWorm stop have some type of acetic acid contained in the liquid?

If so that could explain my plummeting. I test with Hanna NO3 LR and Phosphorus LR.
No way to tell for sure what is in the products.

Have you checked out Zeovit.com? The guy who runs the forum helps folks out who are having problems. The forum is another good source of information, but it is not nearly as active as reef2reef. Check it out if you have not done so already.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is probably a stupid question, but can somebody explain what a zeovit tank is? I'm assuming it means zero something?
It means zero dollars left in your wallet.

Zeovit is a methodology based around the Zeovit product line. It’s very popular outside of the US and has produced some very beautiful tanks.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We worked out what coral snow was, now we need to know one more. What is the active ingredient in Flatworm Stop. These two products are obviously over priced, but dang they are good.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is probably a stupid question, but can somebody explain what a zeovit tank is? I'm assuming it means zero something?
Zeovit is a reef keeping method base on replicate sea water parameters and environment for the reef tank. They have been known for growth and pastel color for the Sps.
It's a difficult system to follow since there are no 1 dosage for all tank. Each tank has their own dosage figure out by their owner. However when u got it then you will get incredible growth and healthy tank environment. You can read this thread to find more info on zeovit

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We worked out what coral snow was, now we need to know one more. What is the active ingredient in Flatworm Stop. These two products are obviously over priced, but dang they are good.

In a way, isn’t Carbisea Purple Up kind of like Coral Snow?

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to tell for sure what is in the products.

Have you checked out Zeovit.com? The guy who runs the forum helps folks out who are having problems. The forum is another good source of information, but it is not nearly as active as reef2reef. Check it out if you have not done so already.

yeah I think it’s crucial to use Zeovit.org to get started, but getting answers of what’s actually in there is never going to happen. Technically I don’t think KZ doesn’t even own or run it.

the user base is mostly a handful of people and it’s mostly people getting started. There’s a few experts there who offer suggestions like Jacky and G. Alexander

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what it looks like, based on what you are dosing is Coral Vital is being overdosed. Your NO3 is a bit high, so probably would avoid using Coral Vital. The PO4 is on the edge of low, so beware not to go too low or you can see dinoflagellates bloom. I am just getting over that for the past 3 weeks.

This is my best guess as a newer user to ZeoVit. I had a similar green film when overdosing KZ ZeoFood, which as far as I can tell is similar to Coral Vital.

Seeing how this post is older, do you have an update on the current condition of the glass and sand?
Tank have been doing well since last I posted here. Since then, I have been running my UV 24/7. I've also switched out all old sand with new sand. Less green film on my glass. I still have to wipe every 5-6 days. Sand looks better. I am also stirring the sand every other day. I don't know if my system is maturing with Zeovit or it's due to the changes I've made.

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank have been doing well since last I posted here. Since then, I have been running my UV 24/7. I've also switched out all old sand with new sand. Less green film on my glass. I still have to wipe every 5-6 days. Sand looks better. I am also stirring the sand every other day. I don't know if my system is maturing with Zeovit or it's due to the changes I've made.

For me, and I know this brings up another debate in itself, when I stirred the sand or disturbed it, I didn’t make it better. It’s my belief and it’s strictly based on conjecture, that the bacterial and microfauna are stratified in the sand bed. Meaning, more aerobic bacteria at the top, and anaerobic at the bottom. Vacuuming the sand, did not work for me. I’ve been trying to avoid disturbing the sand. In fact, before I was doing Zeovit, I was removing dinos constantly and changing water at the same time. Really was just making things worse.

With ZeoVit —What really causes film is overdosing on ZeoFood and on amino acids of any type. Then allowing nutrients too drop too low.

I’m really happy to see a Zeovit tank with similar issues. Thank you for posting that picture. I’ve been out of the hobby for 14 years. My tank is about 8 months old. So very much out of practice.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit is a reef keeping method base on replicate sea water parameters and environment for the reef tank. They have been known for growth and pastel color for the Sps.
It's a difficult system to follow since there are no 1 dosage for all tank. Each tank has their own dosage figure out by their owner. However when u got it then you will get incredible growth and healthy tank environment. You can read this thread to find more info on zeovit
Your tank is pretty epic. I love the stags. My favorite corals. I'm doing a lot of stags in my new build. You were on ReefDudes YouTube before right? Your avatar throws me off. Your last name is Pham right?

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just thought I would share my Zeovit tank. It is a little over a year old and started with Zeovit from the beginning. I am very happy with the results so far.

EEEDFC55-B029-4C2A-BD1C-34C1E90A9572.jpeg

0467808F-B199-4562-848A-AA6463AFC432.jpeg

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look pretty healthy most zeo tank have a healthy biodiversity therefore the tank look robust and the corals look happy.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smells like wormwood to me. I do find it helpful in managing aefw but don't go thinking it eradicates them. You really have to pull out all the stops to eradicate aefw.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you Zeovit users. I have been dosing the Zeovit basics (Zeostart, Zeobak, Sponge Power, Flatworm stop, KZ carbon and Zeolite) since March 2020. I feel like my tank is pretty much stable right now. I did have some issue with cyanno before but have been cleared of it for a while. I looked into adding more zeovit additives but am confused on which ones I should be adding. What other additive would you recommend and why? Thanks.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you Zeovit users. I have been dosing the Zeovit basics (Zeostart, Zeobak, Sponge Power, Flatworm stop, KZ carbon and Zeolite) since March 2020. I feel like my tank is pretty much stable right now. I did have some issue with cyanno before but have been cleared of it for a while. I looked into adding more zeovit additives but am confused on which ones I should be adding. What other additive would you recommend and why? Thanks.
You might want to look at Coral Booster and Pohl Extra. Really depends on what kind of color you are getting. AAHA is also good, but be careful with that one as it is very strong and could cause problems if overdone. Start out 1/2 dose every other day and see if it helps.

A lot of Zeovit is observing so add one new additive at a time, then wait a week or two and see if it helped.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to modify the zeovit bottle cap so that do not have to always to open the bottle cap to dose ?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back