zero phosphates a problem?

1ByLand2BySea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last question (yeah right, wink)...
Do you prefer dwarf blue legs or dwarf red tips?
No preference and you can't go wrong with either. But if you are Leary of crabs in general go with Blue Legs as they are less aggressive toward other clean up crew. They usually come tiny so you may have to add more in numbers compare to Red Tips.

1ByLand2BySea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 - 80 hermits in a 40 gallon seems way overkill to me.

If you have hair algae growing in your tank then you have phosphates present. As other have stated above reducing your photoperiod and manual removal should help but back the HA. Once you get a handle on the HA you should start to see detectable levels of Po4.
He has has a concern about Dino that has been overcome in the past and the zero PO4 can cause the Dino to bloom again if the current situation goes for too long .

OP
OP
K

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No preference and you can't go wrong with either. But if you are Leary of crabs in general go with Blue Legs as they are less aggressive toward other clean up crew. They usually come tiny so you may have to add more in numbers compare to Red Tips.

Ok, thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back