• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Zeus Rainbow Tenuis

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do people find this stuff? Another planet? Someone's dream? These colors are unnatural.

Let me know when frags are going for $80 :)

larcat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not awesome, certainly. If you google my user name and "hyperplasia" you will find a thread on another forum with pretty much all the internet info about it consolidated in one spot.

The short version is -- It (very very likely) is NOT dangerous for people to put frags with hyperplasia in their tanks, but it is a disease. The coral isn't healthy.

@Evan West @ChiCity

NC_ocean18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, this is the last frag from my for trade post and I would like to sell it outright. The only trade I would be tempted by would be JF Homewrecker or similar value acro.

Frag for sale-

ZEUS21.jpg

Momma

ZEUSS1.jpg

Macro
ZEUS so close.jpg

600 shipped

Thank you for looking!
Hi, it has been 2 years since your initial post. I am curious as to how the mother colony is doing and if you still have this piece growing in your tank/ how it has responded to captivity over the years. As for the hyperplasia, we now know with the boom in bounce mushrooms, that this can be a response to light extremes. Which would make sense since you recieved the mother colony so bleached and with such dramatic coloration, you clearly acclimated her to high par. We also know that corals that develop hyperplasia due to light intensity may show regression of said hyperplasia in lowered light intensity, or by fragging the infected regions away. I would love an update for my scientific curiosity. And if it is still fairing well in captivity, I would love yo see an updated picture. Thank you.

Last edited:

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, it has been 2 years since your initial post. I am curious as to how the mother colony is doing and if you still have this piece growing in your tank/ how it has responded to captivity over the years. As for the hyperplasia, we now know with the boom in bounce mushrooms, that this can be a response to light extremes. Which would make sense since you recieved the mother colony so bleached and with such dramatic coloration, you clearly acclimated her to high par. We also know that corals that develop hyperplasia due to light intensity may show regression of said hyperplasia in lowered light intensity, or by fragging the infected regions away. I would love an update for my scientific curiosity. And if it is still fairing well in captivity, I would love yo see an updated picture. Thank you.
Pretty sure they lost the piece. Only a couple people they sold it to kept it. At least that's what I read, somewhere on a forum

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back