OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous corals!! How about an updated FTS? :)

Love the update photos! FTS is a must! HA!

This. 100 times this.

The tank has been wet for 9.5-months now and the first corals went in 8-months ago. Still a lot of frags but it's slowly starting to come together.

Here are the some FTSs from tonight:

ADA

Envision

Here are a few side shots to show the depth

Added crushed coral to the front of the Envision where the powerheads were blowing away all of the sand. Crushed coral is really messy, so if anyone reads this and decides to do the same, rinse it really well. Then rinse it 10-more times. I literally pulled out twigs and other junk too, not just silt. Glad I added it though as I think it looks much more natural.

Here's another picture from the same side but a little closer so you can see some of the corals a bit better:

While I was at it, I took a few more macros:

Here's a better picture of the Reef Raft Led Zeplin:

Purple Dragon Zoas and a Red Acan

Reef Raft Black Eye Favia

Vivid Rainbow Palys, Reef Raft Warhammer Hillea and Meteor Shower Cyphastria in the background

Last, but certainly not least!

Bleeding Apple Scoly

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot, Brett! I appreciate the compliment. It's been a bumpy road the past few months, but colors are slowly starting to come back on the SPS.

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wish I had PE like that, and I wish I could take a good photo like that too

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wish I had PE like that, and I wish I could take a good photo like that too

I've had really good polyp extension on the SPS with this system, very happy about that. There are a few corals that don't extend that much though.

Thanks for checking in and the words of encouragement.

Have a good night!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first video of the tanks, hopefully I can keep learning how to use this function and how to edit.

[video=youtube;ckKE3DrHUqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckKE3DrHUqc[/video]

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I'm amazed at the coralline since we were there last. And especially how the ADA has so much more due to the spectrum, but also in contrast to the maroon the halide is producing.
/nerdy observations

The corals you've highlighted all look great! And I really don't see anything crying the background. :)

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I'm amazed at the coralline since we were there last. And especially how the ADA has so much more due to the spectrum, but also in contrast to the maroon the halide is producing.
/nerdy observations

The corals you've highlighted all look great! And I really don't see anything crying the background. :)

The difference in coraline growth is really interesting. Not sure if you can tell, but light purple coraline is growing in the Envision on the tunze pumps, where the halide doesn't really hit -- that's more in the VHO range. I prefer the lighter purple coraline that's in the ADA.

man those clowns in the 90 don't play when it chow time. poor lil blenny just aint quick enough

The clowns are bossy. Don't feel bad for the blenny -- he's a fat little pig. His nickname is "Bacon." His belly literally looks like it's going to explode at any minute. lol

I want to get another video of the Choati eating. She dove into the sand because my hand was in the tank moving some things around about an hour before the video. She's been staying out really late -- 9am - 8 or 9pm -- which is really awesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! I love the scoly. I'm currently trying to track down a particular acanthrophyllia, but then I'd like to add at least one more scoly to the mix. They're beautiful corals. The clowns are a riot to watch.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see the choati is doing well, beautiful pics as always

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Brett! She has become very comfortable in the tank over the summer. During the first few months, she'd come out for 4-5 hours max per day. We made a point to try and get in a feeding in during that window. Now she's out from 8 am to 9pm or later. Within the past week, we've finally got her on something besides mysis. She started eating Rod's eggs and blackworms, which is really great to see. I've seen her go or larger flakes too -- she doesn't like small particle foods though -- but it's clearly not her favorite. Interesting and beautiful fish for sure!

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Great looking reef Zibba!! Really like the fish and coral selection.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you very much Andy! :)

Work in progress and it's a slow process. Trying to keep myself distracted with the photography while the corals grow!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outstanding fish pics man, that flashers a beauty.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 52 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back