Zilla's 90g Mixed Reef Build Journal

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to R2R and based on the suggestion/request for a build journal I'll jump right in. Started with a 55g in early 2016 and after only 10 months I upgraded to a 90g. The tank stand and canopy was built by myself and @Daniel Sousa. Some pix from the build...

UwdUuHIl.jpg

EckjpD0l.jpg

Wg14CKkl.jpg

jhTB9Sal.jpg

ao8h3RVl.jpg

After the build the system went through some of the usual up and downs. High this, low that, more fish, more coral. Finally I let it go for a while and the corraline took off. I like the look now of a covered back glass.

wVJQMRWl.jpg

Full system open door shot.

FFRFYoUl.jpg

Lighting is now hybrid Black Box LED & T5HO all crammed in the custom canopy.

swAbXusl.jpg

Working on photography skills to get some of the amazing close up colorful shots I see here and around the net & social media.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

#reef2reef, #worldwidecorals,[URL='http://www.reef2reef.com/hashtags/mywwccontest/'] #mywwccontest[/URL]

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobZilla04

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Been far too long since I've updated. Biggest changes are stable parameters and upgraded lights from Viparspectras (excellent BB for the price) to four Kessil A360W-E (cannot beat the shimmer).

Within the last 4-5 months coral growth has really accelerated! 2019 should be a solid year of progression for my system.

8xuEszzl.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Been far too long since I've updated. Biggest changes are stable parameters and upgraded lights from Viparspectras (excellent BB for the price) to four Kessil A360W-E (cannot beat the shimmer).

Within the last 4-5 months coral growth has really accelerated! 2019 should be a solid year of progression for my system.

8xuEszzl.jpg

Very nice shot!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back