Zoa acclimation? Drip or float?

Skarletskunk30

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
19
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting my first zoa frags tomorrow. They are the purple monster zoas and whammin watermelon zoas. I am getting them as a trade and have seen the pictures and they are perfect specimens. I heard you should just float them and put them in. Im used to drip acclimating for fish and inverts but idk about zoas. Also I could float an pour a little water in at a time to get it acclimated over an hour better. Any ideas?
 
I am getting my first zoa frags tomorrow. They are the purple monster zoas and whammin watermelon zoas. I am getting them as a trade and have seen the pictures and they are perfect specimens. I heard you should just float them and put them in. Im used to drip acclimating for fish and inverts but idk about zoas. Also I could float an pour a little water in at a time to get it acclimated over an hour better. Any ideas?
I do both on high end zoas. Low end I just toss in after a float.
 
So floating and pouring little by little over an hour should aclimate?
 
45-1 hr, you should get some airline tubing for a slow drip or tie a knot in your syphon
 
45-1 hr, you should get some airline tubing for a slow drip or tie a knot in your syphon
Ok I have a little kit I made up for siphoning. So I'll drip aclimate dir about an hour, then float for temp and then put them in! Thanks!
 
No problem! Zoas are hardy so don’t get too worried about it I had some out of water for 5 hours and lived
Nice. I'm kinda new to corals. I only have a pulsing xenia. I'm just gonna trim that back when it gets too much. I've watched many videos on how to pluck new stalks out but I'm excited for somthing new!
 
No reason to overthink zoas. Very durable coral. I'd float for 15 min for temp.. open up pack add some water and remove some.. Do that a few times over an hour and call it a day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new