I will deliver him if not to far!

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1368994279.929605.jpg
my camera is terrible haha it's a iPod that's why well my zoas are having the same thing some growing fast some slow the List is chocolate chip,dam bam,bam bam, eagle eyes ,dragons eye , magician, gold touch , fire and ice ,green and red,and purple hornets

Andrew calvo

saratj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard some limpets can eat soft coral. I have several limpets in my tank. I think they're called keyhole limpets? They have a hole on the top of their shell.

I have some limpets off the critters live rock, there's only one coral that I've seen them mess with and that was an sps kinda like birdsnest that I got at the frag swap, I noticed that a limpet got on it, and didn't think much about it, although Now that I think about it I've never seen one be completely on a coral, but anyways after I saw he was on there for a solid 24 hrs I pulled him off. The coral was ****** as was expected but after a little while I noticed that the flesh was off the bone, so I just threw it in another tank and chalked it up as dead, after a couple days in the other tank I noticed that about 30% was still alive so I still have a little hope for it.

I was curious about limpets when I first noticed them as hitchhikers in my tank, never knew that they ate any coral though. I came up with a possible species of my limpet : Guam false limpet
That could be wrong though, as I just came up with that through searching wetwebmedia and google.

On a side note, gosh you can't type p i s s e d? Like po'd , that's kinda extreme. Lol,

Last edited:

saratj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spelling?

And my limpets came on LR from the critter also.

No, just typed it and it edited it, the forum did like profanity. Nothing you said, I was just surprised that the word was edited, as I don't consider the word profane or offensive, maybe a little tacky in certain audiences.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.0%
Back