Zoa handling

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ladies and gents.

I have a few questions about how you all handle tools and water after removing zoas from the frag plugs.

I am pretty new to the hobby, and recently bought frags from top shelf aquatics live sale.
Several of which were zoas. Today was the day to take them off the plug and put them on a rock. I took everything outside. Bucket with zoas and water. Kept everything in the the water the best I could. Wore gloves and eye protection and a cloth mask just incase it splattered. Once I got everything on the rock. I put the rock back into the tank.

I didn’t see anything milky white like palytoxin, except some super glue I messed up on.I filled the remaining amount of the bucket with bleach stuck my tools in there and poured bleach on the table I was working at. And let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then I dumped the bucket on the side of the house, and grabbed the house and watered it down. Then sprayed the table down.

Is there a better way. I may be being extra cautious, but safety first. Any concerns about dumping on the side of the house. Just want to make sure no pets or kids get sick. It also stormed for an hour after I watered everything down.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear gloves (most of the time) and just sit at my bench next to my frag tank. I have a piece of egg crate that sit on top of a container to put the plugs on. I work on top of a spare piece of 1/4 acrylic from another project. When I'm done I just wash the acrylic off in the sink. I do wear glasses which would prevent it from squirting in my eyes (and help me see what I'm doing).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back