Zoa ID? Found on a Combo Frag

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this piece over the weeknd and it's settled in nicely. The single polyp is what I was wondering if anyone has an ID on, I got the frag for $20, 6 polyps of the other zoa that's on there, and 1 polyp of this. It's a really nice Zoa j hope that grows into a Colony. (The Green skirted one on the right)
20210907_232852.jpg
20210907_225136.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't the best

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: shoutout to IndominusAlex on the R/ReefTank subreddit, they helped me find this picture, which definitely is the closest thing I've seen. It's called a Gold Schlager, and is going for $40-55 Per Polyp. The skirts are a little different, but im just going to assume that it's because the systems are different of course. I think we have a positive ID!
Screenshot_20210908-234858_Chrome.jpg

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: shoutout to IndominusAlex on the R/ReefTank subreddit, they helped me find this picture, which definitely is the closest thing I've seen. It's called a Gold Schlager, and is going for $40-55 Per Polyp. The skirts are a little different, but im just going to assume that it's because the systems are different of course. I think we have a positive ID!

Certainly looks reasonable. zooanthids.com also has loads of pictures for comparison. Congrats on the valuable find.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks reasonable. zooanthids.com also has loads of pictures for comparison. Congrats on the valuable find.
I did look on there, but I couldn't find anything that looked like it. But I did find some I'll have to track down lol

The Store I got the piece from is called "Cuttlefish and Corals" in Portland, Oregon. I live in Washington so I go down to Portland quite a bit so the shop is really convenient, I highly recommend visiting if you're in Portland

Mikeybones76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow beautiful find man! I saw a small single white zombie polyp at my LFS that looked like a good deal but he sold me 3 bigger ones for $40

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back