Zoa juggling...

André Brasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I hereby summon all willing aquascaping masters, gurus, wise-men (or women) and zoa tamers to help me!

I have about 20 different zoas and am trying to figure out a good way to "organize" them in my little 11 gallon.

At the moment, as you can probably see in the picture I have some on the back wall and some on little islands on the floor. The "problem" with this current arrangement is that i think the back wall isn't going to be enough, and on those little rocks, some more aggressive growers might kill or severely cut back on others, not allowing each of the different ones to shine on their own.

I've considered the possibility of gluing them to the floor, like i did on the back wall, and get some extra space that way, but am not sure if that would make maintenance tricky. Also considered putting them on the main rock, but some areas on it are shaded, so i don't know if they would do well, especially when the SPS on the top area start to extend.

I'd like tips or suggestions on how i can better arrange them as to not be hidden by rock work, overtaken by faster growers or just look messy in general.

TLDR: Tell me how I can arrange my Zoa collection in a smarter / more seamless way.

IMG_20190309_002922 (1).jpg

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pick a section for a garden, space them a little apart and let them do their thing.

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try arranging them by the color combinations you like together. Size of the polyps is important also, as the larger ones like Bowtie Blasters, Hawaiian PE's, and Sunny D's will eventually overgrow smaller ones like Scrambled Eggs, Emeralds on Fire and the various Hornets. You can buy small containers of dry reef rock also to build your little gardens on the glass bottom so you can easilly cut a portion off and move/sell if you want to. Once they are on the glass it is tough.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back