Zoa morphing

shanzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my zoas are morphing, they were originally green in the centre and some now have purple stripes. I think it looks cool Does anyone have any weird zoa morphs?

6927A17E-B29B-456C-982B-2BE277BDA29B.jpeg

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thing started happening with my Unicorn zoanthid. It originally have blue speckles all over its face and now it is starting to form a blue ring around the perimeter of the face. I guess some species just change over time?

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had several zoas that change colors due to I am assuming to the my hydra spectrum difference from LFS

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve been told switching them to LEDs can change their colour, thankfully my utter chaos is still a very bright orange/red and hasn’t changed :D
you reckon it's really the light source (led vs t5 vs hallide) or the difference in PAR that you get when switching lights?

OP
OP
shanzfish

shanzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you reckon it's really the light source (led vs t5 vs hallide) or the difference in PAR that you get when switching lights?
Probably the latter of what you said, that makes more sense to just different lights. Or perhaps it’s a bit of both?

Back