Zoa on Hermit Crab

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if u have to treat in tank inject them with 3 percent peroxide use a very very small amount less then 1/2 ml per 10 gallon total daily so u don't hurt anything else not 1/2 mil per but the total treatment do as many as possible with that amount then wait 24 hours and go after the next batch reaper till all have been killed

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That dude just suggest restarting your tank because you found a few majanos? Lol what the heck. Majanos aren’t even as bad as aiptasia and can be killed using the same methods.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve is absolutely correct kill em quick or they will kill everything else they have a much worse sting then aphasia and spread just as fast
There may be a spectrum. I have had about 30-50 majano in my tank they aren't really spreading.. They live with all of my corals. They do tick the Zoas off but don't seem to affect anything else.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be a spectrum. I have had about 30-50 majano in my tank they aren't really spreading.. They live with all of my corals. They do tick the Zoas off but don't seem to affect anything else.
I have a majano tank and they are not that bad. Old pres of our reef club had them in his sps tank and didn’t really bother his sps. They really are not that bad, but if dealt with early, easy to eradicate.

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a majano in a small container for nearly 2 months now lol. It just recently split! I think they’re pretty cool.

Attachments

• C79F7B64-5F67-4A8C-B863-8841A2F3DAF1.jpeg
    C79F7B64-5F67-4A8C-B863-8841A2F3DAF1.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 28

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a majano tank and they are not that bad. Old pres of our reef club had them in his sps tank and didn’t really bother his sps. They really are not that bad, but if dealt with early, easy to eradicate.
Agreed. I think restarting the tank is a bit of an overreaction.

I'm in management mode. I kill off a few every few weeks. They don't really encroach. I have them up against chalice's singularia mushrooms a bunch of Zoas. They only irritate themselves at which point I go in with a scalpel and just remove it from the foot. I've got a file fish in quarantine right now I am hoping to train to eat majano. I've isolated a few on frag plugs . Are you going to put the frag plugs in the quarantine tank. Nothing but one or two mijanos. Hoping this will teach it they are food so that when he goes in my tank he finds them. Will report back

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why? Restarting is the nuclear option. A few majano isn't the end of the world bud.
I was not aware the OP had much livestock. If you had just started the tank and had little in it it would be much easier just to restart and clean the rock IMO. Aren’t majanos harder to get rid of than aiptasia?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back