Zoa overtaking corals on rocks

elireefer7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
15
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s going on everyone! Not sure if this is the best place to post this question. But I am having a huge issue with some zoas that are just growing out of control. Unfortunately I have tried chiseling pieces of rocks off to get them off but they grow back with a vengeance. I am honestly sick of them lol the bad part is that I have some across encrusted on the same rock as them so selling the whole rock is not really the best option. I have been reading up on some “zoa eating spiders” and “sundial snails”. Is there any way I can get some of these and where if you know? I don’t see myself ever keeping zoas again. Been dealing with this headache for too long I rather stick to my acros and LPs
 
I think i’m going to try that. There’s a lot of them but i’m going to start sooner rather than later
 
are they zoas or polys? have picture?

not able to help with the situation. i would love to find a couple large zoa covered rocks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new