Zoa pox furan 2 discontinued

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been trying to find some furan I can get while the outbreak is early. I can’t find any. I accidentally popped the pic into my tank while trying to see what all was affected in my orange bam bams. I don’t want them spreading to my white zombie eyes and I’m super scared. What all can I do? I’ve done a water change 50% right after and only half of my orange bam bams are opening. I don’t want to lose this colony and it’s freaking me out. I’ve read about peroxide dips but I don’t want to kill my zoas out of never doing a dip like that before. Especially touching more than I should and stressing them further. Do I wait a day or two? Take them out and pop the cysts or what’s the game plan I should go. I popped 2 cysts and there aren’t any that I can see on the closed polyps.

OP
OP
C

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been trying to find some furan I can get while the outbreak is early. I can’t find any. I accidentally popped the pic into my tank while trying to see what all was affected in my orange bam bams. I don’t want them spreading to my white zombie eyes and I’m super scared. What all can I do? I’ve done a water change 50% right after and only half of my orange bam bams are opening. I don’t want to lose this colony and it’s freaking me out. I’ve read about peroxide dips but I don’t want to kill my zoas out of never doing a dip like that before. Especially touching more than I should and stressing them further. Do I wait a day or two? Take them out and pop the cysts or what’s the game plan I should go. I popped 2 cysts and there aren’t any that I can see on the closed polyps.
Popped the cyst into my tank*^

OP
OP
C

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thought I replied to this. They are flourishing. It didn’t spread to my other zoas and the bam bams are opened. Not growing more polyps from what I see like my white zombie eyes are but they are super colorful and eating. I literally just popped the cysts into my tank being stupid but they opened back up half way after that. So I then fed them daily with brine shrimp…. (With flow off) I guess that plus leaving them be allowed them to recover quick and naturally. Zoas get upset when I move them around trying to find “the spot” so I learned and just let them be. It’s an animal and it doesn’t want to die. So I figure if it’s healthy and full, it’ll fight off the spread.

Last edited by a moderator:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back