Zoa pox?

Neeks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this frag opens up daily but I was looking at the tank at night and saw what might be zoa pox?

20191119_010020.jpg

rudyrizzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its zoa pox get that out of your tank and treat all your zoas ASAP. We bought a frag of Zoas at a frag swap and put it in our tank and 2 weeks later every Zoa had it. We lost so many amazing Zoas. If it looks like a pimple can't tell by the pic good luck. Hopefully, you have a small tank because you'll have to dip every Zoa

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its zoa pox get that out of your tank and treat all your zoas ASAP. We bought a frag of Zoas at a frag swap and put it in our tank and 2 weeks later every Zoa had it. We lost so many amazing Zoas. If it looks like a pimple can't tell by the pic good luck. Hopefully, you have a small tank because you'll have to dip every Zoa
Agreed. Looks just like a pimple. It’s pretty easy to burst too just don’t do it IN the tank. Best luck I’ve had was to pop them while in the pox treatment and use lots of flow. Some were too far gone but just cut those off and save the rest. I lost about 50% of my zoas at one point due to pox. Now I’m super vigilant.

OP
OP
N

Neeks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your responses. Here are more clear pictures. There are so many zoas it will be hard to take them all out. I'll do my best. What are good methods to combat this? Like I said before the zoas still open everyday and look fine until they close and then I can see the bumps

20191119_224147.jpg 20191119_225342.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back