Zoa stretching? Wandering? Idk?!?

beardmode

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
30114
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! New to this forum… I have a mini colony of captain jerk zoas and it looks like one is stretching off of the plug? Pretty neat. Curious if this is “normal” or ….
everything seems to be healthy. Ive had zoas/softies for about 6 months and this is the first time I’ve witnessed this! Happy to hear your feedback!
IMG_3765.jpeg
 
Hey all! New to this forum… I have a mini colony of captain jerk zoas and it looks like one is stretching off of the plug? Pretty neat. Curious if this is “normal” or ….
everything seems to be healthy. Ive had zoas/softies for about 6 months and this is the first time I’ve witnessed this! Happy to hear your feedback!
IMG_3765.jpeg
Yes that's normal. When they're happy they will spread
 
Just be aware these are palys and some consider them invasive. If you like them and don't mind them taking over your rocks, then you are all good. If you decide one day to get rid of them, don't just razor them off and use h2o2. Paly toxin is strong with these.
 
Just be aware these are palys and some consider them invasive. If you like them and don't mind them taking over your rocks, then you are all good. If you decide one day to get rid of them, don't just razor them off and use h2o2. Paly toxin is strong with these.
Thanks for the heads up. I don’t mind them spreading around at the moment. I’m sure in 6 months or so I might regret saying that! I’ll be sure to attempt to keep them under control. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new