Zoa zenith: Do you have a favorite color of zoanthid?

Do you have a favorite color of zoanthid?

• Yes, I have a specific color and pattern that is my favorite.

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • Yes, I have a favorite color.

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • I have preferences of colors and patterns, but not just one.

Votes: 98 33.1%
  • I like all colors and patterns.

Votes: 110 37.2%
  • I don’t keep zoanthids.

Votes: 34 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Zoanthids come in many different colors and combinations of colors. A zoa garden with a wide range of color can be breath-taking with the opposing colors offsetting each other and can truly become a living art display. And yet, I find myself coming back to certain colors and combinations when I am staring at various zoas or choosing more to add to add to my tank. Sometimes zoas have been given unique names based on their coloring (such as AIO, Rastas, Sunny Delight, Utter Chaos, and many more) and sometimes the names are unknown or forgotten. Are there certain colors or patterns that catch your eye? If so, please tell us what color zoas you prefer!

Pro Tip: When looking at zoa coloring, focus on the mouth, center, outer rim, and skirt and compare the different color combinations of these elements.

Kupo_zoas.png

Photo by @Kupo; Daisy Cutter Zoas

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The colors combos of SunnyD and the original Armageddons are totally opposite but I can't choose between the two! Not great photos but these are some I've loved in the past!

1SunnyD.jpg

arms.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I keep many zoa variety for color and coverage

1684251497017.png
1684251515359.png
1684251578169.png
1684251674094.png

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Zoanthids and have many in my mixed reef. I tend to concentrate on the overall color since my eyes just don't see the individual patterns the way a 2 or 3X camera lens does. Here's some I fragged a while back.
20230329_204714.jpg

xmrbob941

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zoanthids come in many different colors and combinations of colors. A zoa garden with a wide range of color can be breath-taking with the opposing colors offsetting each other and can truly become a living art display. And yet, I find myself coming back to certain colors and combinations when I am staring at various zoas or choosing more to add to add to my tank. Sometimes zoas have been given unique names based on their coloring (such as AIO, Rastas, Sunny Delight, Utter Chaos, and many more) and sometimes the names are unknown or forgotten. Are there certain colors or patterns that catch your eye? If so, please tell us what color zoas you prefer!

Pro Tip: When looking at zoa coloring, focus on the mouth, center, outer rim, and skirt and compare the different color combinations of these elements.

Kupo_zoas.png

Photo by @Kupo; Daisy Cutter Zoas

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”
Little shop of horrors is definitely my favorite
IMG_0616.jpeg

JCATL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the golds and yellows because you just don't seem to see those colors in corals that often.

The trend of naming corals like they're weed irritates me, but I may be getting old.

Catnip885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my daisy cutters the contrast of color and pattern is just so pretty. When I saw them at the fish store I knew I could not leave without them.
20230424_194859.jpg

My runner up might be my nirvanas they are just gorgeous as well. The blue light on them just makes them pop
20230417_174654.jpg

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on #revhtree! I've been waiting forever for Armageddons and PPRPE to come back into the hobby as a "new" morph but no luck yet.

Last edited:

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’d say there’s two families I’ll always buy when/ if I see something similar I don’t have.

First is the Mohican family- really any maul that’s carrying green in its skirt ie, campfires, emperorv2s. Fun this about this group is you can take a flyer on any recently imported maul and then wait a few months to see what you get. Some develop green, others never do.

The second group that I love is the afterburner family, ie el corazon, heartbreakers, maga hats (stupid name), burning embers, vmds, rainbow vdms, mindtricks… there’s lots of unique zoas in this family, they all have a tendency of morphing slightly but not into each other.

Here’s heartbreakers and a maul/campfire I’m cooking.

ECAE5D5A-6757-410B-AE87-C406756F5F00.jpeg
2D68F93F-09FB-4FAA-AAFD-B8B3FDF4E15A.jpeg

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
im an absolute SUCKER for zoas and palys! call it girly or whatever, but its instant gratification when you purchase some and put then into your tank!

there are literal hundreds of variations in all different colors and patterns, and not to mention, they're super easy to grow and frag!

im like a walking zoa encyclopedia who can name any right from first glance! lol! i guess that could be called "obsessed" or whatever. lol. but i dont usually prefer the ridiculously expensive ones, or high-end designer ones. dollars worth, doesn't matter to me— if it's colorful, unique, different, strange, weird, etc.... im hooked!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back