Zoanthid and Palythoa study

Bigshrimpin6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am currently a graduate student studying machine learning and data science. Before I returned to school I worked as a biochemist in R&D for a renewable fuels company that studied water quality and oil quality. I (like everyone else here) am an amateur aquarist.

Over the past few months I've been working on developing a large dataset of zoanthid and palythoa growth parameters, the overall goal of this venture is to create a predictive model of zoanthid growth based on water parameters. I also plan on submitting these finds to a scientific journal for publication.

Below you can find a link the zoanthid survey:

The basic questions on the survey surround your tank conditions and water parameters as well as how many new polyps each colony produced over the last week. Ideally following the same colony for several weeks would yield the best outcomes, but we're very thankful for any data you contribute!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High light+flow low nutrients p04-.02-.03 n03 started about a year ago, with 2 polyps

I'll check out your link later, I see it's a fill in the blank servay.

Attachments

• 20221006_201525.jpg
    20221006_201525.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
B

Bigshrimpin6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High light+flow low nutrients p04-.02-.03 n03 started about a year ago, with 2 polyps

I'll check out your link later, I see it's a fill in the blank servay.
Those are some nice zoas! Basically the google form is measuring net change in polyps of a colony week over week vs a list of variables. We've got a few tanks setup for this experiment that we're running under controlled conditions, but I figure reaching out to the online reefing community would be a great way to find more people willing to provide data, as this is a pretty awesome and knowledge driven group

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back