OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry too much about those phosphate levels for your zoas.

What are you using for alk buffer?

You might try using a glue specifically made for gluing corals. They tend to have lower curing temps which makes corals happy.

Has anything changed in the tank?

using Reef Fusion 2 daily for the buffer.

This tank is very new, less than a month old, but most of the corals have been transferred from a friends tank while I set up this tank and sold my old one. So they were in a completly different tank for the last 4-5months.

Good idea on the glue! Just sucks cuz it's so expensive but oh well :/

AJ Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does cost quite a bit more. But just something to think of with these issues.
Are you using reef fusion 1 as well?

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does cost quite a bit more. But just something to think of with these issues.
Are you using reef fusion 1 as well?

yep I will definitely begin to use the reef glue!

no, usually my water changes are enough for the calcium level. occasionally I dose calcification from the Aqua vitro line.

AJ Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless someone has recommended that combination. I would switch to using the reef fusion 1. It's likely more than just calcium in there these two part mixes are made to work together. One buffers the water so the contents of the next will dissolve into the water and not precipatate.
Just my two cents.

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless someone has recommended that combination. I would switch to using the reef fusion 1. It's likely more than just calcium in there these two part mixes are made to work together. One buffers the water so the contents of the next will dissolve into the water and not precipatate.
Just my two cents.

hmm Ill have to do some research. I've always been told it's ok to do one or the other, and that's what I've been tellig othee people as well. I'll look into it. thanks so much! haven't had any problems since I've started dosing daily, Ill test tomorrow and see what my water params are.

Hooknit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had some zoas detach from a piece of rumble. All parameters are on point and the rumble was glued to a plug which was still attached to the plug. The others that these zoas were taken from are doing fine and still attached to their rock. I haven't a clue to why they did what they did.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back