Zoanthids need help

SlySzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having an issue with my colony of Zoanthids they start to demise :( I had no idea what could possibly cause that some of the polyps won't open. Suddenly I've found tiny slug-like creatures pinkish in blue light. Does anyone have an idea what it can be? And how to fight it???

IMG_0513.jpeg IMG_0511.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0502.mp4
    4.2 MB

Hdgutierrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say based off of the pictures, better pictures will help. Based off of your description it sounds to me like zoa eating nudis. If it where me, I would do a dip of all zoas in that system every couple days for a few weeks.

OP
OP
SlySzy

SlySzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say based off of the pictures, better pictures will help. Based off of your description it sounds to me like zoa eating nudis. If it where me, I would do a dip of all zoas in that system every couple days for a few weeks.
Thank you for your reply but definitely, it is not a nudibranch. I will try to attach a picture under a microscope. Regards S.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpeg
    IMG_0498.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 40

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pulmonary sea slug. They’re upsetting zoa as they don’t eat them but emit toxins. They have to be physically removed.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back