Zoanthids

reeflover12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
roanoke
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are our zoanthids melting? I just got some zoanthids this last weekend and more than half of it is opened but I see a little spot where there’s nothing really there. If it’s melting what should I do?

02A47444-20B7-43A8-B896-FF35D1984624.jpeg 137F2D83-6E28-4C83-969F-667A371CC817.jpeg
 
Could be just acclimating....

I know certain types of zoas melt quick if theres too much flow. Stresses them out.... they quit, shrivel and melt.
 
are our zoanthids melting? I just got some zoanthids this last weekend and more than half of it is opened but I see a little spot where there’s nothing really there. If it’s melting what should I do?

02A47444-20B7-43A8-B896-FF35D1984624.jpeg 137F2D83-6E28-4C83-969F-667A371CC817.jpeg
How long have they been in there? If not long they look like they are probably just acclimating. Mine looked great the first day or so then looked awful for a couple weeks. Would open for a bit then kinda looked like yours then closed up completely. Now they are doing better than anything in my tank.
 
It looks ok. You can always dip them to try and clean them off if you don't already do that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new