Zoa's growing huge

Katodap1t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my zoa have grown extremely huge they look like they're ready to blow up. Why is this? I dont feed much maybe every week or other week.
20210926_045417.jpg

OP
OP
K

Katodap1t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i keep my lights at 60% i have 2 radion xr30 on a 120 gallon tank i honestly dont think its the light. i could be wrong.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species/morphs are just larger and/or have longer stalks than others. Depending on how deep your tank is, they could be reaching for light, you could try either moving them up or turning up the lighting if your other corals can handle it.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They def need more light. Flow will do that too to a lesser extent but they for sure are reaching for light. I have a ton of zoas and my stupid armor of gods (no matter where I put them) reach like that if they aren’t like 6” below the waters surface.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All that getting weird and stretched out means they want more light. Put them up on the rockwork somewhere. A naturally long-stalked zoa wouldn't look nearly that messy, it'd be a more organized clump. People Eater species zoa/palys tend to have longer stalks, but they never splay around under proper conditions.

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They def need more light. Flow will do that too to a lesser extent but they for sure are reaching for light. I have a ton of zoas and my stupid armor of gods (no matter where I put them) reach like that if they aren’t like 6” below the waters surface.
Yeah my Armor of gods lovvveee high light. They’re so dramatic if I have them anywhere else lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back